[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Offline for a bit Sunday Morning   02/12/2018

I'm taking the board offline for an hour or so, at 9 AM PST on Sunday. See announcement in General for more information
Nick Notarangelo

1969 Dodge “Country Charger” R/T by round2

3 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Here's pics of the box art and the decal sheet.

revell-Pro-Modeler-1-25-1969-DODGE-CHARGER-R-T-_57.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Well, that's one way to dodge (no pun intended) troublesome licensing and royalty issues. B):lol:

1 hour ago, Richard Bartrop said:

That is a sweet ride.  If I had an urge to do a Charger, it would be something along those line.  I was never a fan of DoH, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone who wants to build a General Lee, but if Warner Bros doesn't want to play, there's not much Round 2 can do about it.

It's not like there aren't plenty of GL kits to source the decals from, especially with the newer snapper kit coming with both peel and stick as well as waterslide decals.

6 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

It wasn't intended t be a Lee kit, but the original issue did have the flag on the decal sheet and the instructions showed that it was aupposed to be out widthwise across the trunk lid.

Revell called their character General Stewart. I guess at the time Monogram decided that their '69 Charger Kit should have the same flavor as the DOH car.I guess their flag was supposed to go across the trunk lid because the car had a Vinyl Roof Moulded in.

38 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Revell called their character General Stewart. I guess at the time Monogram decided that their '69 Charger Kit should have the same flavor as the DOH car.I guess their flag was supposed to go across the trunk lid because the car had a Vinyl Roof Moulded in.

Probably, that was also the issue they had where the back half of the body was nearly Palmer levels of bad.

1 minute ago, Joe Handley said:

Probably, that was also the issue they had where the back half of the body was nearly Palmer levels of bad.

It was bad, but Revell made good on the ones I bought. Funny, I never finished that car

43 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

It was bad, but Revell made good on the ones I bought. Funny, I never finished that car

I actually met the guy who's car was used for measurements at a Mopar show about a year after that whole mess, he was still salty anout having to take the car out of storage without insurance on a cold November day the year before so they could remeasure it.  I want to say he said they guys who had to redo their work were a bit salty too.