Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Builders' Warehouse New Stuff 4/14/18

Craig,

Harold (HRM)  will ship this week then again in late Oct.    I will let you know when I find out what items are on which shipments.

Thanks for your interest and patience :)

Randy

I've got money burning a hole in my pocket ;) 

I'm specifically interested in the GT40 engine upgrade and the wide tire set

Mr. Met, I have both the GT40 engine upgrade and the wide wheels and tires for the Fujimi Gulf Fords, excellent items, well worth the investment.

I also just today received the Scale Production Weber carbs, super  nice addition to any Weber equipped project. As always, Randy's service is excellent :)

Thanks Bill and Craig!!!!

?ui=2&ik=5a1071630c&view=fimg&th=15ee38b

Hi Folks,

Received restock orders from both  HRM  and Clearly Scale.

.   HRM sent some transkits, FIA Cobra engines,Ferrari 250 GTO engine and GT40 Wide Wheels/Tire sets.
          Harold is working on the Chaparrals, Borrani W/T sets and the GT40 & Ferrari 330 P4 engine & detail sets. Along with Weber carbs and of course more GT40 Wide w/t sets !
          Looking for delivery on these first week in November.

Clearly Scale sent the body parts for the Challenger and  '83 Hurst/ Olds along with some engine sets and seats.
         Jeremy is working on a large batch of motors for delivery by the end of the month.
     He is hoping to have the next batch of Hellcat sets ready to ship late November.

Thanks to all for your continued support !

Randy

Edited by Randy D

Hi Randy,

I received my HRM order yesterday, thank you.  As usual, Harold's products are still of the highest quality.  The 250 GTO tires are a nearly perfect fit for a vintage set of Detail Master PE Borranis w/turned rims that I was able to bag on eBay; a great wheel set and a shame they stopped making them.

You have a great looking web site, BTW.  Let me see, you had the forethought to hire a professional graphic designer, or, like many other modelers it seems, you are a pro (or have been) yourself?

Anyway, regarding your note, the D-Type will be my second Profil 24 kit (finally a full detail D-Type! Yay!), however I'm just starting my first one: the 1953 Porsche 550 Carrera Panamericana.  They have nicely proportioned and cast bodies and parts, but, like most limited-run niche kits (I have done a couple HRM Ferraris and the LM GT40), it does look to be a challenge (half the fun of it!) and requires a good amount of clean-up, etc.  And, for instance, the Porsche has separate, "opening" doors, decklid and bonnet, however no provision for hinges; if they're to be operable it's up to the builder.

Anyway, good luck with your new endeavor, and we'll certainly be doing business in the future.

Best regards.

PB.    

Hi Randy,

I received my HRM order yesterday, thank you.  As usual, Harold's products are still of the highest quality.  The 250 GTO tires are a nearly perfect fit for a vintage set of Detail Master PE Borranis w/turned rims that I was able to bag on eBay; a great wheel set and a shame they stopped making them.

You have a great looking web site, BTW.  Let me see, you had the forethought to hire a professional graphic designer, or, like many other modelers it seems, you are a pro (or have been) yourself?

Anyway, regarding your note, the D-Type will be my second Profil 24 kit (finally a full detail D-Type! Yay!), however I'm just starting my first one: the 1953 Porsche 550 Carrera Panamericana.  They have nicely proportioned and cast bodies and parts, but, like most limited-run niche kits (I have done a couple HRM Ferraris and the LM GT40), it does look to be a challenge (half the fun of it!) and requires a good amount of clean-up, etc.  And, for instance, the Porsche has separate, "opening" doors, decklid and bonnet, however no provision for hinges; if they're to be operable it's up to the builder.

Anyway, good luck with your new endeavor, and we'll certainly be doing business in the future.

Best regards.

PB.    

Latest order from Randy arrived this morning. I too got some parts from Harold of HRM and yep...still some of the best. I can now finish my Daytona Coupe.

Thanks Randy, as always, the best. CS is outstanding and he responds to ever email you send him pretty much before you hit send...not sure how he's doing that.

I definitely for see more purchase from MBW in my future.

• 2 weeks later...

MBWH%20Logo%201600x400_zpsnxhn5sit.png

Hi Folks,
  Paul,  thank you & the site was setup by my youngest son.  Look forward to your work on that Jag !!
  As always David,  I appreciate your support:)

Historic Racing Miniatures has sent a restock order along with the new Chaparral kit.  

The Chaparral 2A is a re-pop of the venerable Cox kit with it's great looking proportions.  Curbside with not alot of parts it is in 1/24th scale.  The kit comes with HRM's
super nice wheels & tires and clear resin glass parts.  No decals are included in this one.

The popular GT40 'Wide' wheel & tire set is back in stock along with several other products.

As always,  a big thank you to all that have ordered our products !!!!
      Randy

MBWH Logo 1600x400.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my first order from Model Builders Warehouse. Great service, easy to use website, and lightning fast shipping. Plus, Randy is a great guy to deal with. Buy with confidence, and support this endeavor. He opened it just to help us builders gain access to some harder to find stuff. Highly recommended.

• 3 months later...

Hi Folks,

Very pleased to announce several new products that have been added to the store.

MBW will now carry the MasterClub line of nut/bolt castings. I have brought in 20 different styles and sizes to start and will add more next month.   These are a great value at $4.50 a set.  The sets contain anywhere from 200 pieces to 100 ct. They are beautifully cast resin and already cleaned and separated and ready to place.  The Slotted Nut, what I know as a 'Castle nut' , has not been offered before as far as I know. 

Scott from Futurattraction has really changed the game in dragster wheels. Two new lines are available now.  

The first line offers the modeler a CNC machined wheel sleeve with  photo etch centers.  The modeler does have to polish the centers and assemble the wheels. I offer them as full sets,  a pair of rears and a pair of fronts along with a set of pe bead locks for $45.00.  Four styles of rears and three styles of fronts are currently offered.

The other line is a fully CNC machined one piece rear wheel set.  The first design offered is the Weld Delta 1 design.  These are truly gorgeous with no prep needed. This line will be priced at $36.00 for a set of rears.

I have added some more of Fireball ModelWorks goodies.  I just love Joseph's work!

Lastly I have some sad news.  Clearly Scale has abruptly stopped all communication with me as of Dec. 9th.  I have recouped the funds for several large orders that have been outstanding since Oct. of 2017.  I am concerned and hope Jeremy is okay.  We had big plans together so this is a real disappointment. I really do not know if he is still in business. If the anything changes I will keep you all posted.  

I am listing a Clearly Scale item that I had received last fall.  It was the first of Jeremy's new series of transaxles.   The ZF transaxle is up on the store site.   It was designed for the Pantera  car that used it upside down.  I only have a few and as with all the C.S. items that I have listed it will discontinued when sold out.  

IMG_7493.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7496.JPG

IMG_7498.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG

IMG_7557.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG

IMG_7612.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7682.JPG

IMG_7675.JPG

Edited by Randy D

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

As always, a big thank you for all the support from you folks on this site. After a complete year this site continues to generate a large portion of the first visits to my store.

A long awaited restock from Scale Production from Germany is here.  There are some new wheel & tire sets along with the newest goodies from 'Mad Mike'.  These include the GT40 Engine and Transaxle along with the new side draft Webers and restock of the down draft Webers.

I have already fielded some questions on the motor set/carbs that I will also answer here.

These products are the actual 'print' from the 3-D printer. They are a rather brittle resin that does require the modeler to remove the supporting structure. A pe saw and sanding work best. I had one instance of "chip out" on the part when trying to trim close to the part with nippers but not a big deal.  Super glue is the choice for assembly. Primer and paint like normal.

The GT40 engine/transaxle is designed as a replica of the real thing, not as a drop-in transkit for any particular GT40 model car kit. 

Other stock updates include more of the beautiful CNC machined rear dragster wheels from Futurattraction.

I have expanded the MasterClub listings to include 2 styles of rivets.

From HRM , the Chaparral w/t sets along with the Borranis, Rudge and Halibrand 6 spokes are in. Ferrari 330 P4 engines came in along with a couple of Cheetah kits and the  IROC Porsche transkits. All the GT40 w/t sets went to folks waiting for them but more will be coming

On 2/14/2018 at 10:31 AM, Randy D said:

Lastly I have some sad news.  Clearly Scale has abruptly stopped all communication with me as of Dec. 9th.  I have recouped the funds for several large orders that have been outstanding since Oct. of 2017.  I am concerned and hope Jeremy is okay.  We had big plans together so this is a real disappointment. I really do not know if he is still in business. If the anything changes I will keep you all posted.  

FYI, Nick Kulczak has been active on Clearly Scale's FB page as recently as last week. Jeremy is still recovering from surgery:

The out of stock items, were temporary, while Jeremy was busy between producing orders, and dealing with surgery and recovery since the start of the holidays. They will be marked again as available, when he can next do so.

Hi Bruce,

Glad I could help, that motor looks great my friend!!

Stan,

I do think the MasterClub line is a boon to modelers.  While I love the RBMotion/T2M/Scale Hardware  goodies and I will continue to use them in high visibility areas, the price point of the resin bits just makes sense for the majority of uses. 

Thank you for the update on Jeremy.

Randy