Model Cars Magazine Forum

anyone casting the correct seats for 1st issue 69 johan roadrunner?

:lol: Guys to get ORIGINAL seats for the 69 RR, you'd hafta find an ORIGINAL kit in the "cartoon" box.ALL the reissues have the 70 interior,with the high backed buckets an 70 upholstery patterns.ONLY the original Cartoon box kit had the right buckets and upholstery patterns.It sure WOULD be nice if someone could repop em in resin! I know I'd get at least 5 sets! :D

I can help you on this. I have an original set of seats from the JoHan 1969 Road Runner, as I have both an original Johan 1969 Road Runner and GTX in my collection. Here's a suggestion for you, and it should be quite inexpensive if you want a set of correct 1969 Road Runner Bucket seats in your project. Get The AMT '69 GTX Hardtop kit, that builds as the stock version. While the Johan seats are nice, the AMT seats are more accurate in the shape of the seat, and the upholstery pattern is still correct. The Johan seat, while the upholstery pattern is correct, is too boxy. My GTX is an unbuilt original, and I do not want to take the parts off of the sprues until I start construction, while the 1969 Road Runner is in a place of my basement where I cannot get to it at the present time.

Edited by Ron Hamilton