• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Friday, November 24th starting 8 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mopar Missile Duster

13 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys, just wanted to share pics of a new project. After doing the body of the Motown Missile Cuda, I wanted the Duster to go along with it. Starting with a comp resins 73 Duster and parts from the 71 Duster, I've been trying to follow a scale auto article to do the rubbed chassis. I pieced the chassis together using the front half of the Duster chassis and the rubbed half from the AMT Pro street Nova. It's coming along but still needs a lot of work. I got it together enough so I could paint the body. Here's some pics of the pieces and the two bodies together. I've had no luck finding a Ross Gibson Pro Stock Hemi, still looking...

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

Posted

Looking good!

Posted

Hey thanks Ted!

Posted

I will be following

Posted

Looks great so far . You need a stash of Johan S&M cudas .

Posted

Black is tough to get right, those bodies look really sharp.  Have you polished them?   Nice work.  cheers, tim

Posted

Hi Tim, I sprayed them with tamayi TS-14 black from the can, scuffed the body then decaled it,then air brushed 2 part urethane clear and that how they came out, no polishing. Thanks for the compliment.

Posted

Hey Guys, just wanted to post a few pics from my Mopar Missile Duster. Definitely slow progress and kit bashing all these parts, nothing wants to fit. Finally got most of the interior fit, with a partial roll cage. I used the kit glass from the 71 Duster, but it's so thick. I trimmed it down a little. It's looking ok, But at least I got some progress done.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

Posted

Looking great so far. Good luck on the engine hunt.

Posted

Lookin' good Steve as I just love dem Mopars! BTW, are you related to Tom Lima Jr. or no?

Posted

Very nice Steve.

Posted

Hi, no, no relation. Was he the pro golfer? And thanks for the compliments. Still no Ross Gibson engine...

Posted

Does anyone make a back half of the chassis?