Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopar Missile Duster

dragmodels44

hey guys, just wanted to share pics of a new project. After doing the body of the Motown Missile Cuda, I wanted the Duster to go along with it. Starting with a comp resins 73 Duster and parts from the 71 Duster, I've been trying to follow a scale auto article to do the rubbed chassis. I pieced the chassis together using the front half of the Duster chassis and the rubbed half from the AMT Pro street Nova. It's coming along but still needs a lot of work. I got it together enough so I could paint the body. Here's some pics of the pieces and the two bodies together. I've had no luck finding a Ross Gibson Pro Stock Hemi, still looking...

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, just wanted to post a few pics from my Mopar Missile Duster. Definitely slow progress and kit bashing all these parts, nothing wants to fit. Finally got most of the interior fit, with a partial roll cage. I used the kit glass from the 71 Duster, but it's so thick. I trimmed it down a little. It's looking ok, But at least I got some progress done.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG