Model Cars Magazine Forum

Re-releases

Art, you forgot to mention the three sales of Revell. First there was the sale to Monogram, which lasted until they started to outsell Monogram. Then there was the sale of both Revell & Monogram to Hallmark (Binney & Snith and Crayola owners), and then the sale to Hobbico.

Note- the last quote attributed to me was not from me at all.

There are a couple of members that end up typing in the quote box and replace the original text. If you accidently click into the box, all you have to do is click just beneath the quote box and you will once again be typing in the correct place. It does get a bit confusing when it happens.

I'm lucky enough to have enough model kits in my "stash" to keep me in plastic for the rest of my life, especially at the rate I finish them. Therefore I don't really care what the model companies make anymore if any at all. I know that there are several or more members that have hundreds or thousands of kits in their stash, and they want this kit or that kit. Are they really model builders or just kit collectors? Frankly I'm tired of tying up my ca$h for plastic as I really need to build more and buy less.

I'm lucky enough to have enough model kits in my "stash" to keep me in plastic for the rest of my life, especially at the rate I finish them. Therefore I don't really care what the model companies make anymore if any at all. I know that there are several or more members that have hundreds or thousands of kits in their stash, and they want this kit or that kit. Are they really model builders or just kit collectors? Frankly I'm tired of tying up my ca$h for plastic as I really need to build more and buy less.

Cant argue with your logic . I'm kind of in the same boat.

Although I do buy a few new ones here and  there.  ( new 1970 Charger for example ) Otherwise my  buying has become extremely selective the last year or so . At my age and current build rate I need to live to about 150 to get just what I already have here . I will be retiring in the next 7 or 8 years so HOPEFULLY my build rate will go up dramatically.

Cant argue with your logic . I'm kind of in the same boat.

Although I do buy a few new ones here and  there.  ( new 1970 Charger for example ) Otherwise my  buying has become extremely selective the last year or so . At my age and current build rate I need to live to about 150 to get just what I already have here . I will be retiring in the next 7 or 8 years so HOPEFULLY my build rate will go up dramatically.

I thought so too as I've been retired for over 10 years and my building didn't go up dramatically. I'm very busy and I'm not really bored at all. I don't always use my time wisely, as that is a contributing factor in why I don't get more models built. I'm not a couch potato and TV nut, however I do watch TV in the evenings. I also have other interests besides model car building, as well as being busy around the house.