Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Pontiac Bonnie mild custom

Can-Con

Figured I'd start my own thread for my build instead of cluttering up Steven G.s thread on his '67.

Anyway, 

Started with a reasonably built car missing the stock tailights and front bumper and grille, which I got replacements for from Modelhaus.

IMG 1578

IMG 1579

Got it stripped. It was sanded a bit before the last paintjob and the scripts were damaged, also bad glue rash where the custom rocker panel trim was glues on. 

So I sanded the rest of the scripts off along with the door handles, repaired the rockers and replaced the rocker and wheel opening trim. The character line down the sides of the car was sanded partially away so I also repaired that

and added some structure to the fenders under the hood. Almost ready for primer.

IMG 2225

IMG 2231

IMG 2230

IMG 2228

Edited by Can-Con

Looking good Steve.

I'm glad that my example was in a little better condition when I started.

Saved me a lot of work I guess.

I needed Modelhaus parts for mine when I got it as well.

The tail lights & front seats.

Luckily I got in under the wire with mine also.

So, if anybody needs one front bucket seat for a '67 Bonneville, I have one. ^_^

Steve

Looking good Steve.

I'm glad that my example was in a little better condition when I started.

Saved me a lot of work I guess.

I needed Modelhaus parts for mine when I got it as well.

The tail lights & front seats.

Luckily I got in under the wire with mine also.

So, if anybody needs one front bucket seat for a '67 Bonneville, I have one. ^_^

Steve

Steve....  Are the 67 seats the same as the 68 fronts...?   I have a 68 missing stuff.

I like that one. I rooted through my parts box yesterday, and found a Turbo 400 Transmission for mine. I still need a set of Tail Lights. I will probably make some since I cannot get anything from the Modelhaus. I also revisited my '70 and '66 rebuilder Bonneville Hardtops, and the '67 is the most viable for a re-build, as I plan to paint it this week. I also plan to re-join Fotki soon so that I can post pics.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

• 5 months later...

That is a bummer!! Was it an issue with paint compatibility or temp issues? I've had something similar happen to me before using Pactra paint with a certain silver base. I hope the next coats turn out better for you! It's looking better already from where it first came from. 

27 minutes ago, montecarlo1980 said:

That is a bummer!! Was it an issue with paint compatibility or temp issues? I've had something similar happen to me before using Pactra paint with a certain silver base. I hope the next coats turn out better for you! It's looking better already from where it first came from. 

Na, nothing like that. I hit the wet paint on the side on a piece of paper towel.  :wacko::angry::rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Not perfect but I can live with it. 

Scale Finishes Pontiac Meridian Turquoise with a slight pearl green/blue pearl midcoat and Testor's clear.

IMG 2345

IMG 2346

IMG 2347

IMG 2348

Beautiful choice in color, those aquas were such eye catching colors when new. Look even better now!

• Dave Ambrose changed the title to '67 Pontiac Bonnie mild custom