Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mitsubishi Evo X C-West version -New pics 10/07/17

geetee66

I just bought myself an airbrush, so after years of rattle-can painting, I'm hoping the paint comes out well on this.

This is a nice kit. Everything fits and the mould seams on the body are virtually invisible.

So, here's the paint on the body. I decanted from a rattle can and got messy doing so. Then I realised that spraying into the can lid, was a better idea than trying to spray into a little bottle! You live n learn...

I'm very pleased with the results. Hardly any orange peel!

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

Edited by geetee66
New pics

Here's the underside. Driveshaft and exhaust are moulded into the floorpan, so a bit of tricky masking was needed. I was going to use silly putty, but mine had got old and was useless.

A bit of black wash brought out the nice details and a bit of heat staining was applied to the exhaust.

IMG_1978.JPG

I thought the wheels in this kit were very good. There's a tiny decal for the spokes and one for the centre cap. Tyres have a lot of sidewall detail and the tread took no time at all, to sand flat.

The Brembo decals on the brakes are hard to see without a lens, which was necessary to get them correctly oriented on the calipers.

I foiled the rotors and used fine wet n dry around them, to make the look a bit scored from hard use.

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

Almost done. The spoiler was going to have a carbon fibre finish, but the decal wrinkled and looks cak.

I had this problem before, with the same sheet. Setting solution seems to make it worse.

Anyway, the bulk of it's done. I need to tweak the gap on the leading edge of the hood, though.

thanks for looking 

IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG