Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greenlight 1/24 Last of the V8 Interceptors, aka Mad Max's black interceptor

CapSat 6

Pricey is right for that 1/18, but from the pics I have seen of that one, it's well worth it! 

I think so too. I'm not made of money and the AA Interceptor is stretching my toy budget by quite a bit but as long as I've waited for one I'll take the plunge. The only thing that's unfortunate about it is that it's a "composite" model rather than diecast. The Road Warrior versions were diecast. Sign of the times though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

They really failed on a super simple detail with that blower......looks like someone forgot the blower and as the models rolled off the line they glued one on. I got one....1/64 and 1/25....both suffer this issue....the 1/18 looks better. Also the model looks really small.....I know it's smaller than like aTorino....but really smaller. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, 57peppershaker said:

Did you make any mods yet CapSat ?

Detailing might help but the wheels just dont look right ?

I haven't touched this one. It's more or less a filler until I build one of my kits. The more I look at it. the more I want to fix, so...I'll just hold onto my kits, than you very much. :)

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, Dave Van said:

Also the model looks really small.....I know it's smaller than like aTorino....but really smaller. 

Dave, you would be surprised. A fella (a "quick" fella...ha ha!) near me brought a 1:1 GTHO to a cruise in Collegeville, PA several years ago. It wasn't done up Mad Max style, it was a nice stock GTHO. Unmistakably one of those cars. Black with a 351 and a shaker hood. I will have to find the pictures of that car I have and post them.

I was taken aback at how small the car was- size-wise, it seemed to be just about as big as a Ford Maverick. Super, SUPER-cool car in real life!!! Don't get me wrong- I love me my Valiant Chargers, but - WOW.

I think the films make these cars look bigger than they actually are. I think the styling does, too. The car I saw was in black, so darker colored cars tend to look smaller, too, but to me, seeing a real one up close, it was definitely smaller than I expected.