Model Cars Magazine Forum

What has this world become?

BIGTRUCK

a former co-worker of mine once told me, "don't try to understand things like this using logic. The mind of the person that does something like this is NOT looking at it the same way, and you will NEVER understand using logic. You might as well not even try."

That makes so much sense Mark. The shooters brother was shocked and said his brother had no agenda as far as he knew. So far there is nothing found as far as notes and reason. 

a former co-worker of mine once told me, "don't try to understand things like this using logic. The mind of the person that does something like this is NOT looking at it the same way, and you will NEVER understand using logic. You might as well not even try."

Very true, Mark.

I've been in the business (first responder, both law enforcement and fire/rescue) for north of 4-1/2 decades now.  The lovely and gracious Mrs. B often expresses complete bewilderment over things I have had to deal with; she just can't comprehend how people can do such-and-such to other people.  I remind her that she's looking at it from the perspective of a normal, well-adjusted, ethical, compassionate adult.  Most of the people who do the unimaginable are anything but normal, well-adjusted, ethical, compassionate adults. 

Dang Dan, after retiring from 14 years of driving a city bus, I think that description only fits maybe 1 out of a 100...and that's on a good day.

I' had been in retail 24 years and spent the last 13 months in a call center, very true, and I swear the more money some people have, the worse they are.

I' had been in retail 24 years and spent the last 13 months in a call center, very true, and I swear the more money some people have, the worse they are.

Driving a city bus, wasn't dealing with that many people with a lot of money. The express routes tended to get more of the Park-n-Ride and government workers that had more money, they weren't dangerous, just PITAs.

Edited by waynehulsey
typo

Yep, terrible, sad stuff; utterly pointless. Trying to understand these things, is pointless, and probably not preventable either.

I agree Roadrunner,there is nothing any of us can do to prevent these random shootings.Where ever there is a crowd of people,this can happen.They can take a million guns off the street,and there still a million more.If a person wants to kill,they will kill.Its really frustrating,but pointless trying to figure out why they occur.Its really sad,but that is reality.May all those killed in this senseless slaughter,Rest In Peace.I know one thing for sure,America's "play ground",Las Vegas,will never be the same. 

I was in Las Vegas just last year and had a great time. I've been there many times before and I also have some cousins living there as well. I've also visited the Mandalay Bay Hotel to check out their "shark tank." What happened there last week could happen anywhere and at anytime as this isn't the 50's anymore. This is a changing world we live in and not necessarily for the better.

I agree Roadrunner,there is nothing any of us can do to prevent these random shootings.Where ever there is a crowd of people,this can happen.They can take a million guns off the street,and there still a million more.If a person wants to kill,they will kill.Its really frustrating,but pointless trying to figure out why they occur.Its really sad,but that is reality.May all those killed in this senseless slaughter,Rest In Peace.I know one thing for sure,America's "play ground",Las Vegas,will never be the same. 

Yep, I gave up trying to figure out maniacs, a long time ago.