Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador : Extra detail

Dann Tier

I think the Aventador is Lamborghini's last beautifully designed car- everything else has been a freak show of cars. This is the Aoshima full detail kit, which is actually what I refer to as a 3/4 detail kit, but with all the wiring and hoses I added, it looks like a true full detail kit. 

I knew I had to do it with a stealth like look, but the down side to it is that it is very hard to see all the detail and work that I put into it. For example, I painted the interior using 6 different shades/finishes of black, and it took a LOT of careful masking. 

Body details: I used a different mesh pattern , 3D badging and center caps, blended one piece hood, valve stems, door and hood latches, prop shocks for doors and hood, scratch built hood hinges, and deleted the third brake light and tail light lenses (I think it looks much better without them).

Interior details: Seat belts, scratch built floor mats with raging bull emblems, velvet carpeting, door reflectors, anti-theft towing switch, door weather stripping, and photo etch radio face to cover up the weakly detailed molded in one. 

Engine details: Radiators/inner coolers behind side vents, numerous wires, hoses, wrapped wiring harnesses, compression fittings, heat shield, and cooling fans behind the rear mesh. 

Hope you liked it! ......thanks for stopping in to check it out!!

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

Great Work!!! Love the stealth look, looks so menacing! I know what you mean about using different shades of black, Im working on a 1/8 Aventador in Matte black, but everything is matte black, trying different paints & textures to differentiate it all.

Hey Dann, Yeah its the big Pocher kit. Its pretty good, but could be better. You dont have to paint anything, most of it is molded in colour, but it'd be pretty monotone if you did. I'm painting parts of mine, using different metal finishes, textures etc. Also planning on lighting it up, so its a big long term project.

Hey Dann, Yeah its the big Pocher kit. Its pretty good, but could be better. You dont have to paint anything, most of it is molded in colour, but it'd be pretty monotone if you did. I'm painting parts of mine, using different metal finishes, textures etc. Also planning on lighting it up, so its a big long term project.

Does the Pocher kit come with the anti-theft towing switches?

Thanks for checking it out!, glad you liked it!, my German Shepherd is extremely well trained......I bet he could stand in the same position without moving longer than anyone!

Superb!

Exactly as I would spec it from the factory.

Super clean, by the looks of it. The diorama with the cutaways on the wall, is a nice touch.

I hope that dog doesn't cock his leg, on one of the tyres!

Edited by Dann Tier