Model Cars Magazine Forum

With the Italeri reissue of the Peterbilt 378 due this summer, I've been anxious to build one (or two). I built one box-stock and then dragged out one that I had started back in '06 (body mods, painted then put back in the box until recently).

My inspiration was a 2006 379-119 awaiting crossing the International Bridge at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.

1st Progress pic

37911961608.jpg

2nd Progress pic

379119_61608.jpg

3rd progress pic

379_119_prog_61908.jpg

The sleeper sides and backwall were scratch built, LH battery box is resin from AITM.

Metal Mesh - great stuff!

379grilleaclmesh61708edit.jpg

How the metal mesh looks finished.

379119_front_62108.jpg

Right hand rear-view

379_119_rh_r_62108.jpg

Hood Open - Red color is to simulate a Cummins.

379119hoodopen62008.jpg

More pics on on the Recent Builds page on my site at www.TimsTrucks.com

Thanks for looking!

Tim

Tim...

The build turned out awesome...I didn't realize until now..especially with the close up shots..the "Plano" material used for the grill. Boy..does that really add to the detail "level"

Also as it was pointed out..using the smaller tires for the triaxle config...nice touch.

Two "thumbs" up.....

Kurt McLucas

Tim,

Great job, as always, they both look good. The air cleaner detail really makes a differance from the stock version, I was wondering though, where do you get the grille without mesh in it, I really like that detail, but would never be able to cut one from a stock piece. Also, are those stock wipers? I usually leave the wipers off because the stock ones are not very good looking, however, yours look very real to me.

Headed to the website now for a better look.

Tim

Nice trucks as always Tim. Could you explain how you changed the 378 into a 379? When the kit is issued, i want to build a more accurate replica of my dads truck by doing this mod. My first one was built OOB when I was younger but I don't want to rebuild so I can compare the two, and it was my best build with the skills I had at the time.