Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Studebaker Avanti 1963

Silent123

That to me has got to be the nicest one of these I've seen! :wub:

This kit is not for the faint of heart to get right...........and it certainly takes some patience to get that stance correct which you've done to a T!

I have to ask though............don't the square bezels around the headlights make that a '64? No matter though------it's gorgeous either which way!

Bill, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there were some late 63's that had them.

Supposedly, the square headlights were an option in the original AMT kit and inspired Studebaker to update the 64s accordingly. 

Can't vouch for that being true but wow what a gorgeous build and beautiful photography. Very very nice

And yes the square lights make it a 64.

Once more many thanks for all of you guys for the highest evaluation of my work. Of course you are right about  headlights shape but let me reveal the secret. I started with round  headlights and I'm convinced that they look more attractive but unfortunately I damaged one of them and decided to replace with square.

For information see additional pictures :)

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

Mikhail,

A good friend of mine, who is NOT a modeler was just here. I showed him your Avanti and he was totally amazed at how detailed and great looking the car is. The detail of the interior and engine compartment really blew him away. So even guys not familiar with the hobby appreciate your work.

Ah, the Zen of factory stock expressed at the highest level. It's always a thrill to see replica modeling done to this level. Brilliantly, and thoughtfully, done. Handsome color choice, lovely stance and just-right textures combined with a subtle realism - that's how it's done. Welcome to the board!