Model Cars Magazine Forum

First military build in over twenty years!

heres the first build in twenty years I used to build a lot of tanks but we're hard to find back then but wow not hard to find now! I find them to be more relaxing than cars and kind of leaning towards cannons and big guns! I have a nice pile of stuff bought but still looking for odd vehicles so I might be looking to trade off some cars for military stuff!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice! Is that the Testor kit? I think I have one of those in the stash, but I think the barrel on mine is much shorter.

I think I have that thing in ROCO HO scale, too, somewhere.

hey snake it's a tamiya kit that was put out by another company in the past. Was a fun build it went together nice typical tamiya kit and yes it has a huge barrel must be close to foot long!

vince

• 2 weeks later...

hey snake it's a tamiya kit that was put out by another company in the past. Was a fun build it went together nice typical tamiya kit and yes it has a huge barrel must be close to foot long!

vince

Nice clean build!  That's the Italeri M107 175 mm self-propelled gun, originally issued way back in 1988. It was re-issued a few times over the years, but recently got very hard to find. Just a couple of years ago, it was fetching pretty high prices on That Auction Site.

Tamiya re-issued it in 2016, in their own box (but with the Italeri logo also on the box, in small print).  In recent years, Tamiya has re-issued quite a few kits from other companies in Tamiya boxes: Italeri and ICM (Ukraine) are two that I know of. Tamiya usually throws in figures and/or accessories (and doubles the price).  Some armor modelers complained about the ICM kits in Tamiya boxes.  They expected Tamiya's "pour in glue and shake the box" build quality. But ICM kits can be a lot more...challenging to build than Tamiya or Italeri.

Here's the Scalemates timeline of your M107:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/137620-italeri-6248-m107