Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Chevy Nova SS Barn Find

wrecker388

I started with the AMT Beverly Hills Cop kit. First time ever using a weathering paint system. The rust was created with Vallejo model air weathering something or other that my brother got me for Christmas last year or the year prior. The base colors are Createx air. I'm really happy with how the body turned out, I plan to further the weathering on the undercarriage and underhood. I plan to build some sort of diorama for this car at some point soon. The windows crazed after the glue had set.:rolleyes: I kinda liked the look- reminded me of some cars I've seen out at the local junkyard.  Thanks for looking. Any questions or critiques are welcomed.

IMG_3470.thumb.JPG.ea6e5df3d5873e2cc6fc9

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

That is what's called "Ridden Hard and put way wet". I think it's an old horse term for a horse that has been mistreated and that best describes your build. Very believable weathering and as you mentioned the glass crazing from the glue is also much like a car that has been in the hot sun all it's life.

That is what's called "Ridden Hard and put way wet". I think it's an old horse term for a horse that has been mistreated and that best describes your build. Very believable weathering and as you mentioned the glass crazing from the glue is also much like a car that has been in the hot sun all it's life.

That's kinda what I thought after looking at the windows too David. Reminded me of a good many of the old heaps at my local junkyard.

Edited by wrecker388