Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coverage of the 38th NNL Nationals

tim boyd

Any pics of that 1/12 Penske Camaro?

I presume you are speaking of Randy Derr's 1/12th Camaro....I didn't take any photos of it as I had taken a bunch at a prior NNL when Randy debuted the completed model.  But there are a number of very good images of this car in Howard Cohen's photography of NNL #38, also posted here in the "Contests and Shows" section of the forum.  Hope that helps....TIM 

Thanks Tim for taking all the pics!  Who ended up with the awards? we had to leave before they where handed out.

Oh by the way the Fuel Altered drag car on the primer table was mine (Matt Zimmerman) I wasn't trying to keep it a secret I just forgot to put my name on there.

Edited by MZ 500

Thanks Tim for taking all the pics!  Who ended up with the awards? we had to leave before they where handed out.

Oh by the way the Fuel Altered drag car on the primer table was mine (Matt Zimmerman) I wasn't trying to keep it a secret I just forgot to put my name on there.

Matt....I will make the correction/update.  Thanks for the feedback...

I was in another part of the room and could not hear the announcement of most of the awards.  Of course, I'm from the "there shouldn't be ANY awards at NNL's as they are non-competitive model car shows" school of thought, but I do understand that this info is of interest to many....

TIM

Thanks all for your feedback.  As someone who has been photographing model car contests for nearly 40 years now, it has always been my belief that it is important not to just look at the models, but also to learn who actually did all that great work.....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

Thanks for the coverage, Didn't get to finish my project for the early racer theme.

greg

Greg.....hope you can finish it and show it sometime in the future....and thanks for playing along even if you didn't quite get finished in time, this time.  Cheers....TIM 

The pictures are great with the the builders' names, but "full coverage?" Where are the trucks and commercial vehicles? 

Good question.  The short answer is that I was engaged in discussions with many other builders and friends during the NNL and never got to the part of the table with the trucks this year.  I have done full coverage of the semi-trucks in particular in prior NNL's because I find the kits, the subjects, and the builds to be fascinating on many levels.  

Pat Redmond (posts on another Forum) did a great job covering the Trucks section in his coverage this year.  Also, check out Howard Cohen's coverage. 

Best regards....TIM