Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ken Schraeder M/C

IJ001

Hello from Middle Earth

Current NASCAR project, a slab-side M/C driven by one of the 'unsung heroes', Mr. Ken Schraeder:  Not too difficult to tell which one from the last couple of pics, and I'm sure somebody will guess it pretty quickly. As it sits just now, it's got the best ride-height I've ever achieved and the plastic is glass smooth. Even after the Plastikote dark grey primer the finish is still like the surface of the mirror on the Hubble Telescope !!

Stay tuned, more soon.

Ian.

1 rolling 1.jpg

2 rolling 2.jpg

3 rolling & body.jpg

4 ride height.jpg

5 primer & white 1.jpg

6 primer & white 2.jpg

After I posted the photos yesterday, I went back in to the 'cave' in the evening and shot a couple of quick coats of Tamiya glossy black on the lower sides of the body. This morning I brushed on two coats of Klear/Future to seal it and about two hours later masked it all off using photos of all the 1999 #33's as reference.

Then took a deep breath and fired a couple of light(ish) coats of Tamiya TS-21 'Gold'. Personally I'm overjoyed with the result but would appreciate your input, guys.

Ian.

7 paint done.jpg

8 paint done.jpg

9 paint done.jpg

10 paint done.jpg

33SkoalGoldBristol-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realise I'd not posted completed pics... so here they are !

Great Powerslide decals really made all the difference on this one, absolutely superb to work with. Easily my best NASCAR build to date. Thanks for all the encouragement along the way, folks. Lookout for a 'Beer Car' posting in just a few minutes.

Ian.

finished 1.jpg

finished 2.jpg

finished 3.jpg

finished 4.jpg

• 3 months later...