Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Bonneville Wagon?

The '65 and '66 Bonnevilles were basically the same car. If you want a '65 wagon, buy the '66 wagon body and graft its top onto a common reissue '65 Bonneville. Sounds very do-able (but then again, I'm not the guy who wants to do it).

The tail lights will be a challenge as the '65 and '66 wagon lights are different.. It may be an idea to contact TM Resins and make a suggestion. I inquired awhile ago about buying several interior buckets and he was not very communicative and I was not totally impressed with his people skills, but I am assuming he is a busy guy. He is certainly filling a lot of gaps in the model car world.. too bad most of us cant even begin t keep up with his new releases. The quality as I understand it is pretty good though. The guy really does need a proper website.. just sayin'..☺☺☺

I saw the 66 Bonneville on E-bay. Was not sure if TM made it or was just selling it. Did not have look of other TM resins.

Also saw the Coronet wagon TM has. I owned a 68 Coronet wagon for years and I would advise comparing the rear of the TM Coronet and a 1:1 to be sure you are OK with the differences (bumper and roof).

Carmak

1968_coronet_wagon.jpg

Be patient - maybe contact TM Resins on Ebay and see if they have considered making a '65 based on the '66 that they currently offer. If enough people ask, they will likely produce one being as they seem to be producing so many items. There are people who really like wagons and unusual subjects. Try it - nothing ventured - nothing gained..

Be patient - maybe contact TM Resins on Ebay and see if they have considered making a '65 based on the '66 that they currently offer. If enough people ask, they will likely produce one being as they seem to be producing so many items. There are people who really like wagons and unusual subjects. Try it - nothing ventured - nothing gained..

Looks like most of his stuff IS the old R+R stuff and IF i'm right, he may actually have the R+R '65 but just not offered it yet.

I was never familiar with R&R - I had little interest in resin stuff back then. But also, some of his offerings sure seem familiar from another well known caster who closed up shop in the last couple of years - unfortunately for the hobby. Hopefully this guy will offer more stuff like parts for annuals, convertible windshield frames and boots and interior p[arts like the stock '64 Fairlane bench seat that I bought from them. Between the loss of that caster and Phoptobucket screwing up half the pictures on the Internet with their greed, it has not been good the last while.

Edited by impcon

• 3 weeks later...

I was never familiar with R&R - I had little interest in resin stuff back then. But also, some of his offerings sure seem familiar from another well known caster who closed up shop in the last couple of years - unfortunately for the hobby. Hopefully this guy will offer more stuff like parts for annuals, convertible windshield frames and boots and interior p[arts like the stock '64 Fairlane bench seat that I bought from them. Between the loss of that caster and Phoptobucket screwing up half the pictures on the Internet with their greed, it has not been good the last while.

I soooo agree .. Thanx .. 

Sorry I don't know of any resin casting suppliers that do the '65 Pontiac Bonneville Wagon, and I have so far been unsuccessful in locating a resin cast body for a 1968 Pontiac Parisienne 4-door RHD Canada. ( nobody seems to have produced a kit for the Parisienne as far as I can see ).

David J. Watson ( UK )