[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBcritter

'63 Bonneville: D/S taillight

I inventoried the '63 Bonneville 'vert I just got back and the driver's side taillight lens, top boot and firewall are missing; in addition the driver's side of the rear bumper has the top of the taillight bezel broken off. Anyone have a bumper with a good left bezel? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Also AWOL are the alternator, battery and exhaust manifolds but they're not as critical.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I have seen 63 Bonnevilles parted out on Ebay - sometimes the vendor may only have several stray parts, but keep an eye out there. The '63 Pontiac is my favorite '60's Pontiac followed closely by the big '66 4 door hardtops. Of course, there are no kits of the four door hardtop out there.. Those '63s sure were a pretty car though.. I'd love to score a two door hardtop -even an old built up.

I have seen 63 Bonnevilles parted out on Ebay - sometimes the vendor may only have several stray parts, but keep an eye out there. The '63 Pontiac is my favorite '60's Pontiac followed closely by the big '66 4 door hardtops. Of course, there are no kits of the four door hardtop out there.. Those '63s sure were a pretty car though.. I'd love to score a two door hardtop -even an old built up.

The '63s are relatively easy to find & parts can be had if you just keep an eye out.

I picked up a built kit & a few spare parts over time on ebay to complete my '63 restoration.

Steve

DSCN6016DSCN6006

They are out there alright Steve, but the prices are all over the place - usually on the high end for a decent, clean kit. Your black beauty looks awesome! I remember a powder blue Parisienne 2 door hardtop frommy youth - in 1971, it still had the clear plastic protectors on the door panels.. *sighs* What a cream puff!! The parents of a guy I went to high school with had a burgundy hardtop with a white roof and dark red interior - another Canadian Parisienne. And then there was the white Bonneville with black bucket seat interior for $300,00 that got away on me. *sighs* I have a coule of convertible kits already that are clean old built ups but I want a hardtop. I considered a roof transplant from a '62-64 Impala but nah - I will wait for the real thing.

They are out there alright Steve, but the prices are all over the place - usually on the high end for a decent, clean kit. Your black beauty looks awesome! I remember a powder blue Parisienne 2 door hardtop frommy youth - in 1971, it still had the clear plastic protectors on the door panels.. *sighs* What a cream puff!! The parents of a guy I went to high school with had a burgundy hardtop with a white roof and dark red interior - another Canadian Parisienne. And then there was the white Bonneville with black bucket seat interior for $300,00 that got away on me. *sighs* I have a coule of convertible kits already that are clean old built ups but I want a hardtop. I considered a roof transplant from a '62-64 Impala but nah - I will wait for the real thing.

If you've got the rest of the parts, I've got the body.

I have an extra hard top body & hood painted in turquoise that I wasn't happy with the paint job on, so it went to the parts box.

The paint is lacquer, so it will take a little effort to strip.

But I'll send it to you if the shipping to B.C. doesn't clean out my bank account. :D

Steve

If you've got the rest of the parts, I've got the body.

I have an extra hard top body & hood painted in turquoise that I wasn't happy with the paint job on, so it went to the parts box.

The paint is lacquer, so it will take a little effort to strip.

But I'll send it to you if the shipping to B.C. doesn't clean out my bank account. :D

Steve

Steve - I sent you a PM.. not sure if it went through or not as an error window popped up.. if the message failed to launch, please PM me.. Gary

Aw shoot - I was thinking about a hardtop body swap, too. Well, Plan B - I have an NOS '64 Mercury convertible top that will fit without major surgery; looks very close to the real thing.

I have some spare top boots.

Will dig them out and ck application

Update: Top boot and underhood stuff have been located; still need that taillight lens. I could cast a copy if anyone has one they can loan.

Bump for the weekend - still looking. Needs to be driver's side (curves to the right at the top). Thanks!