Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

GT CARS....more GT CARS. With the release of the AMG GT from Tamiya and the BMW M6 from NuNu at the end of this year, I'm hoping for more in 2018. 

With the Acura NSX GT3's first season complete and unarguably a huge success, finishing 4th over all in the manufacturers championship, I'd love to see a GT racer version of this car. Aston Martin is set to release their new GT racer soon and hopefully someone will do a kit of it. Would still love to see a new Audi R8 GTLM car as well. And a McLaren 650 GT3 as well, surprised Fujimi didnt  jump on that after the MP4-12C. And Aoshima doing the Hurrican but no GT version. Maybe in 2018.

I know it probably wont happen, but some kits of the new DPI cars would be nice too, but the market just wouldnt be there. 

Trucks....other than the Raptor from 2015 (2017 ones a joke other than the body) I'd like to see Revell or Round 2 put out some modern pick ups. I live in the country and  every third vehicle that goes by my house is a pick up. Some newer SUV's would be nice too, like the newer Explorer...lots of police departments using them and the Tahoe's. 

Most of the older cars I like have been kited already so I wouldnt trip over myself wanting anything older. Tho most of you guys seem to want that...different strokes.

There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing Sunglasses... 

I wore sunglasses back in '69 while I was drivin' at night, what a dumb thing to do. I was also PO'd at my girlfriend at the time, not that it makes it any better to do.

Meanwhile, I could swear I saw something here about Round2  re-releasing the Dodge D50 pickup.

It's somewhat possible I crossed it with the street reissue of the Datsun pickup, but not that likely - am I imagining things?

No, just a guess, through. Maybe we'll see the Jeep Commando instead...or the IH Scout...or...

Edited by Casey

Other 1st Qtr announcements are:   1/24 Porsche Diesel Junior farm tractor (new Revell Germany rebox)

69 Boss 302 (edit: it's a modified Mach 1) 

reissues:

66 GTO

94 Impala SS 

Frank Iaconio Pro Stock Camaro (new decals)

Rommel's Rod  

Edited by Brett Barrow

Whoops, it didn't even dawn on me that the old kit was a Mach 1.  Hopefully they'll fix the droopy headlights while they're at it.  

Emozy9s.png

It's Revell. I seriously doubt they'll fix it. And if not...no sale. It literally ruins the entire model having such a disfigured face. *Edit* : Glad to hear they have likely fixed the shape issues. Great news!

Edited by Zoom Zoom

It's Revell. I seriously doubt they'll fix it. And if not...no sale. It literally ruins the entire model having such a disfigured face. 

I’ve had some consumers ask about the Mustang. They want to know if we revised the nose on this Mustang model. Modelers have felt it was the wrong shape and we agreed. So on this new release the nose has been corrected to a much better shape.

Thought you might want to pass this along.

Regards,

Ed Sexton

Revell, Inc.

Is this the car thats listed as 1.25th yet its actually 1,24th scale ?

As far as I know the 69 is and has always been 25th. The 1970 Boss 302 is ex-Monogram so it's 24th and I'm pretty sure has always been labeled as such.  The only time I can recall they mislabeled a 24th for 25th was for the Baldwin-Motion 70 Chevelle and they fixed that on later runs.  

As far as I know the 69 is and has always been 25th. The 1970 Boss 302 is ex-Monogram so it's 24th and I'm pretty sure has always been labeled as such.  The only time I can recall they mislabeled a 24th for 25th was for the Baldwin-Motion 70 Chevelle and they fixed that on later runs.  

Good deal. I might actually have to pick one of these up .

I have an original issue 1970, but no 1969s .  And I know a guy who used to own a white 1969 Boss 302, ( sold it many years ago )