Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

The Greased Lightning Ford seems like a no-brainer..they wouldn't have to change much from the previous stock offerings. Nerf bar, chrome reverse wheels from the '49 Mercury, and boom, done.  And if it really did need to be "Hydramatic"...they could drop in the Cadillac engine and hydramatic transmission from the '49 Merc kit too. I wonder which it will be...

Cool to know that Revell is OK with fixing certain areas on kits sometimes. I'd love for the back of the roof and the quarter windows, visor and window openings to get that treatment on the '30 A coupe!

Rommel's Rod! :D

Another oldie but goodie I've always wanted. 

Russ 

Rommel's Rod is a fun one. I built the last version. I love all those early Tom Daniels designed kits. I'm still waiting from Revell/Monogram to bring back Tom's Poison Pinto (the green version) and the Mean Maverick. Another old Monogram kit I'd like to see, but I'm not holding my breath on, would be the Ghost of the Red Baron. 

Alright Alright Alright on the Boss 302.  Kids just remember to paint it metallic blue, yellow, orange or white - the only stock colors for the 69.  I'd have a heart attack if they did a T/A version.

IMG_1159.JPG

ASSUMING they finally get the front end right (and I'll wait to see the pics), while y'all are building Boss 302s, I'll buy one just to whack off the front end and graft it onto the Mach 1 I just got for $5 and paint it Silver Jade. And later, maybe I'll kitbash up a Maroon Boss 9.

I hope on the list of reissues...that they bring back the 51 Henry J...I keep missing out on 'em coz I have a buddy who drag races one that I'd like to build a replica of!! And no goofy decals! Henry and his smoking J...please!

Alright Alright Alright on the Boss 302.  Kids just remember to paint it metallic blue, yellow, orange or white - the only stock colors for the 69.  I'd have a heart attack if they did a T/A version.

IMG_1159.JPG

That's Acapulco Blue, right?  Great color.  I always thought red was one of the factory colors (due to Bud Moore's Trans Am cars being red & Black) but you're right, it's not.  Calypso Coral is the orange, Grabber colors were Shelby only in '69.     

The Greased Lightning Ford seems like a no-brainer..they wouldn't have to change much from the previous stock offerings. Nerf bar, chrome reverse wheels from the '49 Mercury, and boom, done.  And if it really did need to be "Hydramatic"...they could drop in the Cadillac engine and hydramatic transmission from the '49 Merc kit too. I wonder which it will be...

Cool to know that Revell is OK with fixing certain areas on kits sometimes. I'd love for the back of the roof and the quarter windows, visor and window openings to get that treatment on the '30 A coupe!

They fixed the seats and wonky body character line in the 1970 Torino reissue a couple years ago, that kinda flew under the radar.   

GT CARS....more GT CARS. With the release of the AMG GT from Tamiya and the BMW M6 from NuNu at the end of this year, I'm hoping for more in 2018. 

With the Acura NSX GT3's first season complete and unarguably a huge success, finishing 4th over all in the manufacturers championship, I'd love to see a GT racer version of this car. Aston Martin is set to release their new GT racer soon and hopefully someone will do a kit of it. Would still love to see a new Audi R8 GTLM car as well. And a McLaren 650 GT3 as well, surprised Fujimi didnt  jump on that after the MP4-12C. And Aoshima doing the Hurrican but no GT version. Maybe in 2018.

I know it probably wont happen, but some kits of the new DPI cars would be nice too, but the market just wouldnt be there. 

I hear ya' about the GT cars (and DPi cars).  For all the complaining some do about lack of some Detroit iron, they should try being fans of motorsports other than NASCAR and F1.

I am hopeful that Tamiya will follow their excellent NSX with a GT3 -spec racer, especially one with a complete driveline.  If ROG can do it for their DTM cars then Tamiya certainly is more than capable. ScaleAuto, the slot car maker, announced a 2016-spec ALMS R8 and the GT3 Lambo. You can get them as white-body kits and the detail and fit of their products is excellent.

They fixed the seats and wonky body character line in the 1970 Torino reissue a couple years ago, that kinda flew under the radar.   

I was told that the rear taillight panel isn't quite right. I know of someone that's doing a very detailed model of one, and he's reshaping it with the hopes of getting it cast. It seems the panel is too flat when it should have a slight "Vee'd" shape to it.

I hear ya' about the GT cars (and DPi cars).  For all the complaining some do about lack of some Detroit iron, they should try being fans of motorsports other than NASCAR and F1.

I am hopeful that Tamiya will follow their excellent NSX with a GT3 -spec racer, especially one with a complete driveline.  If ROG can do it for their DTM cars then Tamiya certainly is more than capable. ScaleAuto, the slot car maker, announced a 2016-spec ALMS R8 and the GT3 Lambo. You can get them as white-body kits and the detail and fit of their products is excellent.

I didnt know about the ScaleAuto R8 or Lambo GT3, that's good news. Let's just hope they get them out. I think they announced the the 991 GT3 in early 2015 to be released by end of year and I still dont think its out in 1/24. And Porsche has moved off that car as its GTE/LM car for the new mid-engine version. But if the do produce the R8 and Lambo then I'll be scooping those up. A Revell R8 and a Aoshima Hurrican for the chassis/motors and interiors and your off to the races. Still havent seen a Ferrari 488 yet, I think Carrera is doing one in 1/24 but havent checked lately to see if it's been released. I've seen the Ford GT and it looks amazing, just wish they'd offer the body up in plain white, $100 for the slot car dressed up is alot of money to not do anything with it cause it doesnt need to be redone, they're that nice looking.

I didnt know about the ScaleAuto R8 or Lambo GT3, that's good news. Let's just hope they get them out. I think they announced the the 991 GT3 in early 2015 to be released by end of year and I still dont think its out in 1/24. And Porsche has moved off that car as its GTE/LM car for the new mid-engine version. But if the do produce the R8 and Lambo then I'll be scooping those up. A Revell R8 and a Aoshima Hurrican for the chassis/motors and interiors and your off to the races. Still havent seen a Ferrari 488 yet, I think Carrera is doing one in 1/24 but havent checked lately to see if it's been released. I've seen the Ford GT and it looks amazing, just wish they'd offer the body up in plain white, $100 for the slot car dressed up is alot of money to not do anything with it cause it doesnt need to be redone, they're that nice looking.

The ScaleAuto Facebook page has a link to the 2017-2018 catalog, which shows the R8 and the Lambo, along with the "American 7R" Corvette (which Monogram should have done in 24th- hopefully the Ford GT will be).  I have the older spec R8 and am dropping it on the Revell chassis as you said.  Slotfabrik has a Ferrarii, but I think its the 458.

Rest of the Revell 1QTR boxarts while we're at it... 

3KzECk5.png

Uryra62.png

k1RqC6e.png

5rd71QD.png

I'm disappointed. There is nothing above that want. I have the Impala SS (built) and the '66 GTO (unbuilt). Nice kits. But do I need another one? And it's shocking to me, to realize that 1994 is already 23 years ago. Man, where has time gone?

I'm still waiting from Revell/Monogram to bring back Tom's Poison Pinto (the green version) and the Mean Maverick. 

I would put good money on both the 1/12 Mean Maverick and Super Digger kits having been scrapped in 1980 or so.

Good to see they (mostly) re-used the David Lord drawing for the Iaconio Camaro P/S kit. That was exciting stuff back in '84. :)

So now there's a "Farm Tractor Series" of kits from Revell?? :blink::unsure:

I would put good money on both the 1/12 Mean Maverick and Super Digger kits having been scrapped in 1980 or so.

Good to see they (mostly) re-used the David Lord drawing for the Iaconio Camaro P/S kit. That was exciting stuff back in '84. :)

So now there's a "Farm Tractor Series" of kits from Revell?? :blink::unsure:

Welcome to the great tractor craze

It's a new kit coming first from Revell Germany. Everybody's getting in on that Heller Ferguson $$$$ Tractors are the new hotness. 

I'm hoping we'll be seeing some classic John Deere.  Of course then there will be the inevitable flame wars over the correct shades of Green and Yellow.