Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

On 20/01/2018 at 12:42 PM, Mike999 said:

Check out this super detailed Rommel's Rod.  Using rear suspension parts from a TAMIYA 1/35 scale 8-ton German half-track...which fit perfectly!

http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/rommel_super.html

Yea, I remember that one. There was a guy on another message board years ago who claimed it was his. [that he built it] He also claimed he owned an "Alternomad" and a blown pro-street Willys among other hi-buck street rod type stuff but always said " he sold it recently and didn't have any more pictures of it" and couldn't give any details when anyone asked about them.

Anyway, he claimed he owned that unique build of the RR. I remembered seeing it on the showrod site [and the bit about it being sold on e-bay] because he posted the exact same pics directly off the site. I didn't directly call him out on the BS but I did ask how he did the uniforms, etc.  ,,, no response. He stopped posting on that site shortly after. :rolleyes:

Edited by Can-Con

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

So it's been "De-Foosed"? 

Always liked this car, could never bring myself to build one though.

The GTX didn't have a Foose version, that was the Coronet R/T.  The  'Foosing' of that kit was only an optional set of wheels & tires, so nothing really to 'de-'...

Edited by Rob Hall

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Well, there's this, though it and everything else announced seem to be delayed(?) until late June 2018:

rmxs448167gtx.jpg.e6652727b3067c579842b2156f24c901.jpg

Wonder if Revell added a correct axle this go'round ? That 8 3/4 is incorrect for a Hemi (or 440) with a 4-speed . Then there's that (stupid) 4-paddle , direct-drive engine cooling fan ...

The inclusion of the 'RO23' parts ( Keystone Klassics , Super Stock hood scoop , etc. , etc. ) from the Sox & Martin version will hopefully find their way into this issue .

On 10/14/2017 at 10:17 AM, Jordan White said:

Feels like Hell would freeze over before we get a full detail modern pickup kit. I would love to see a new F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost, and they could easily get returns on their tooling. Sure the Meng kit is out (I have 2), but it’s pricy for a lot of people. I’m sure I’ll complain about this every time this sort of topic comes up, but I know that it is tougher nowadays to release a bunch of new subjects.

I have three, but wish they had done the newer version, and I would love to see a 17-18, they are beautiful!!

On 10/19/2017 at 9:28 AM, Rob Hall said:

Hmmm...the '69 Mach 1 kit with a new engine, body,  decals, etc?  Or a typo? 

The Boss 302 will have a re-tooled front end, I've heard from a couple of guys it is much improved. I have an old AMT 69 annual, they were the only ones to get it right, but this Revell offering is supposed to be good.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:24 AM, iamsuperdan said:

It's a PITA, but you unbolt the back half of what Road Armor call the "Intimidator Guard" and lip it out of the way.

ra3.thumb.PNG.ee8b82d7ace78f4d88d34b2a2d

Forget the guard, I want a model of the truck!!

22 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

When I built this one when it first appeared I believe it was molded in yellow and I just polished it out.

Wound up giving it away but kept the mini bike!LOL

Original issue was in orange/red plastic. Reissue of 'Baja Beast', same kit, was yellow plastic. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would on all of the original Monogram kits, when they use the brand names as they have done lately it just gets confusing.
It's a little easier if you have been around in the hobby the last 30-40 years but for a newcomer it's not easy to know what the kit originally was.
They could use the Revell name on the 1/25 kits and the kits made after the merge in the mid 80's and use the Monogram name on the old original Monogram 1/24 kits.

12 minutes ago, Force said:

I wish they would on all of the original Monogram kits, when they use the brand names as they have done lately it just gets confusing.
It's a little easier if you have been around in the hobby the last 30-40 years but for a newcomer it's not easy to know what the kit originally was.
They could use the Revell name on the 1/25 kits and the kits made after the merge in the mid 80's and use the Monogram name on the old original Monogram 1/24 kits.

That's EXACTLY what they should be doing.  Anything 1/24 brand as Monogram, anything 1/25 brand as Revell.  Easy way to differentiate the brands and also let consumers instantly know what they're getting.

After the whole bankruptcy thing gets sorted out, maybe the new ownership will have a better clue regarding how to brand and market their product.

1 hour ago, High octane said:

Guess we'll have to "wait and see" when Revell and Moebius get their cards in order before learning of any new releases or re-issues from them. Of course we still have Round 2 to supply us with more re-issues to increase our "stash" piles.

In all the years Round2 is in charge of the legacy THAT Amt/mpc/Lindberg/Ertl left behind, I think I bought 4 kits;

- '17 Camaro

- '79 Pinto Pony Express

-'78 Ford F350 Pickup camper special

-'64 Plymouth Lawman

So they help me to prevent overspending, and keeps the stock from growing too much ;)

• 1 month later...
On October 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Junkman said:

I have absolutely no time for yet another bloody '57 Nomad, of all things. I'm 53, not 103.

However, wagons must...

8608456358_ed56ab4796_z.jpg

Does anyone know when this one is being released?  

29 minutes ago, peteski said:

This can happen in the 3D-printing world we live in.

True!

I think that this is the direction that the entire hobby is headed.

I believe that we will all be extremely happy in the years to come, (if we live that long) because as 3-D printing becomes more viable, virtually any automobile you can imagine could very well be within reach as a model.

But a styrene kit of this wagon produced by a model kit manufacturer is a complete pipe dream.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

• 4 months later...