Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Well back to the "Mustang" talk......got my Boss 302 finished....

Actually built this one a while back from the Revell kit with AMT Cougar Eliminator engine.  The eyes can be fooled into seeing a correct front end by ditching the chrome bezel and painting chrome around the lens itself, and just installing the lens.  It recesses the light housing.  Just thought I would pass this along but I am really glad Revell is correcting this.  I agree with others as well that the 70 front end in 1/24 should also be corrected as that looks totally wrong.  Any resin casters who can correct this would make a fortune.  As a final note, how about a new tool Boss 351 generation car.  The existing is terrible, and truth be told, it was the fastest of all the Boss cars.

bossrear.jpg

boss302engco.jpg

boss302fin 001.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

Revell 1st quarter 2018 flyer...

24852618_1526326457436000_880759482406106819_n.jpg

Nice! Though only thing I may get from this bunch is the Porsche tractor. Most of the others, I already have. Even though I hate the '48 Greased Lightning Ford, I like the way Revell is releasing this kit, with the option to build it stock. Giving us the option on how we want to build the model. Thank you Revell. Even though I have an earlier release, and have no plans I buying this one. 

34 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

I could see myself geting the gto, impala, pro stock camaro and maybe the tractor.

Do we need another late 60s mustang? I would rather see a 71-73 mustang or a mustang 2. 

Why are they calling the 94 impala "Performance"?

The '94 Impala SS was (more or less) the leather wrapped civilian version of the 9C1 Caprice police car.  Which back then was one of the fastest American vehicles on the road in terms of acceleration and top speed shy of the Corvette, Camaro & Firebird. Arguably the speed range the 9C1 had - and made Ford have to scramble and make the Crown Vic actually perform something resembling decent since the old square body Vics were bricks and would barely creep to 115MPH - was the beginning of the end of pursuit package pony cars like the SSP Mustang and BC4 Camaro.  I believe the Impala had a lower speed limiter on it, but the 9C1 was good for 161 MPH allegedly.  I had one up just shy of 150 (closed course conditions) and I still had plenty of pedal left, but the front end was so light it felt like it was gonna flip over backwards.

Edited by niteowl7710

Considering most of the Revell 4th quarter releases aren't out yet, there will be plenty to look forward to early next year.  I'm interested in the Boss 302 (I love '69 Mustangs) and have the Porsche tractor RoG version on preorder.  I may get the Iaconio Camaro Pro Stock, that was one of those kits I remember liking as a kid but never got it back in the day.  I have enough '66 GTOs and '94 Impala SSes already, and the other kits on this flyer don't interest me.

22 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Absolutely. We haven't had a good '69 since the AMT annual was updated to the '70 almost half a century ago. 

Exactly correct.  Let's hope the reportedly corrected Boss 302 kit from Revell fixes this omission in kit coverage of the most successful pony car of all time.   TIM

On 12/10/2017 at 11:27 AM, unclescott58 said:

Nice! Though only thing I may get from this bunch is the Porsche tractor. Most of the others, I already have. Even though I hate the '48 Greased Lightning Ford, I like the way Revell is releasing this kit, with the option to build it stock. Giving us the option on how we want to build the model. Thank you Revell. Even though I have an earlier release, and have no plans I buying this one. 

I'm with ya on the tractor Scott. . I MAY however , and ONLY IF I get a discount on a 1948 Ford actually buy one of them . I've worked on the real deal and I was never a fan of the post WWII Ford automobiles . Trucks on the other hand ......