Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 Ford Pickup slightly modified

Hawk5.0

I have been working on this Ford for a while and getting close to completion. I wanted a modern look so I did a slight drop on the suspension and put on some 19" wheels. I had some smaller wheels to start but decided I liked the look of the 19". Other than that the kit is pretty much stock. Here are some pictures of the progress. Let me know what you guys think.

yellow truck2.jpg

yellow truck1.jpg

yellow truck6.jpg

29 truck4.jpg

yellow truck11.jpg

yellow truck9.jpg

yellow truck10.jpg

Very clean build, like the colors, more or less about he tire&wheels combo. But is waht you like that's important.

If you dont mind I would like to share and show you my '29 PU. Yeah, I know, it's too much red...

Regards. :)

'29 PU (2).jpg

'29 PU (3).jpg

'29 PU (4).jpg

'29 PU (5).jpg

'29 PU.jpg

Something I did not think about is that wood is actually yellow so when starting your base should be yellow. I didn't have that issue because the truck I did was yellow. I started with just filling in the bed with brown Sharpie but did not like the texture because that took away from the plastic bed lines. After trying a few different techniques I found that using the Q-tip worked the best. You have to work really quick because the Sharpie dries fast. I basically did small sections at a time while the Sharpie was wet coloring darker and lighter in each section then blending with the Q-tip. I will try and get some pictures of more detail with the step by step technique. Its hard to explain.

Nice clean build but those wheels and tires throw it off for me.

Normally I don't like those wheels, but you know what, they kind of work on that antique. They look both old-timey and ultramodern at the same time, somehow. "Everything old is new again."

I say Drive On! B)