Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Ford F100 Pick-up 1962 Resin cab conversion for AMT kit limited edition #60

chuckyr

I have stared at this on auction a couple of times and wondered about the quality, great to hear that he does nice work.

I have been stumped about which AMT kit it is using for a conversion though. Albeit, I have done zero research to find out. But nothing comes to mind off the top of my head except using a 53-56 truck frame and stepside bed.

I hope Dan from Romania joins this forum too! He has offered some great products for American truck modelers. Many have crowned the '61-'66 Ford trucks as the most changed trucks ever within in a series in history of Ford Motor Company. Bodies, wheelbases, frames, engines, suspensions were constantly changing, practically every year was different in some way. IMO, the separate cab opens up many more build possibilities than the  old unibody. I've mentioned it before, but, here it goes again, a  2 or 4 WD   F100 or F  250 with  flareside or separate styleside ( '57-'66 styling )   or  a F 350 flatbed, tow truck, stake etc or F 350 pickup. Front fenders need to be enlarged slightly for F 350 builds. But,  unfortunately , we still have a  frame problem Other than the '48-'56 1/2 ton shortbed frame, there has never been a heavy duty straight front axle 3/4 ton longbed or 1 ton frame in the model industry. I hope Dan is listening!

Edited by leafsprings

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some photos of the enlarged front fenders on a '62  F350 1 ton. This truck is pictured with 16" 6 lug 6 hand hole   2 piece wheels. Also, F 600 F 700 2 ton trucks came with 6 lug 6 hand hole wheels also, but they came in 20" 2 piece ( Ford ad ) or 22.5" one piece ( real photo)  It was a weight range largely ignored by big plastic. Military models ( GMC deuce and a half 6x6) (last photo) came with these correct type of 20" 2 piece 6 lug 6 hand hole wheels, but they were always done in 1/35, never in 1/25. The "hand holes" are actually the shape of D holes in these years, but the industry calls them hand holes or ventilation holes.

IMG_5344.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5339.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5347.JPG

Edited by leafsprings