Model Cars Magazine Forum

PICS- First Gear '66 Fairlane.

Geno

• 1 year later...

I just got one off Ebay.   The solid red/orange color.   I'm not sure I see anything really workng with this one - looks like a Fairlane to me.   I'm not a student of the Fairlane though.  My plastic kit got irreparably busted during the building process a long time ago and have alway swanted a Fairlane for the shelf.   This may be a good candidate for a repaint and some decals/photoetch maybe?   Details.  It will be a while though.  Other things to do first.   

I got it and studied it last night.   Hit the lugs with the Molotow.   hit a few spots with the Molotow.  Need to foil the rockers, maybe the window trim.  I'm not steady enough with the molotow pen to do those.   Probably won't try to do the wheel well openings.   Wouldn't hurt at some point to work on the interior a bit - door cards especially.    Maybe visit the grille and lenses for a little further detailing.

General details are very much like a plastic kit built out of box.   No engine wiring.   Not having seen the plastic in a long time, hard to say how close they came to same kit with diecast body and opening doors.  

Will look good on the shelf.   And maybe a repaint and some Keith Marks decals later.