Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lola GT Mk VI (Mecom version)

Dave B

Hi Guys,

I don't usually post to the workbench but thought I might share my latest project.  I have always liked the Lola Mk VI but think the Mecom version (the Mk VI on steriods) looks great so when I was given an old slot car body I did what any keen modeller would do and decided to backcast it in resin.  I then took a resin of the glass areas and vacformed them.  Next it was into the parts box for various resin pieces to start the build.

As this could take me a LONG time I won't post again until complete.

Tks for looking

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

IMG_7196.JPG

IMG_7197.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

Hi,

Man o man o Manishevitz!

Wow, I always love your projects, seems right up my alley.

You make em look so easy and clean though.  Are they really that smooth flowing?

I struggle like a new born baby sea turtle trying to make it out to the surf for the first time hoping I don't get eaten.

Hi guys.  Bill, as this is a slush mould I have no plans to do any more, sorry.  Aurf, you should give casting a try, I'm lazy and my silicon moulds are all one piece but works for me!!  Also back casting into an old slot car body is easy, just this body had had fibreglass in it before so it wasn't kind to me.  Give it a try ☺

Dave B

Aurf, you should give casting a try,

Hi,

Are you trying to make me miserable?

Actually I've cast some things and feel comfy at it.  Gonna use Legos to build mold boxes.  My next casting project will be to copy my HRM Cobra Daytona Coupe roof top for my Shelby Series 1.  Picture a modern Shelby Daytona Coupe of sorts.  This idea has been going around the interwebs and even here for some time.