Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was reading a thread from Chuck Most about his Jeeps and someone brought up the Nellybelle name.  So I thought that I would post some pics of the replica that I built a while back.  This was a fun build for me.  It took me about two years of research and finding all the information that I could get to build this Jeep.  The doors are made from brass and the rung is a piece of copper wire painted black.  I also scratch built the hitch and boxes on the rear fenders.  The engine is wired correctly also.  The tires and wheels are from a Tamiya kit I think.  I hope ya like it.

Nellybelle35.JPG

Nellybelle36.JPG

Nellybelle37.JPG

Nellybelle39.JPG

Nellybelle44.JPG

Nellybelle45.JPG

I just realised that I posted this in the wrong place.  Would someone please move this to finished.  Thank you.

Edited by 59 Impala

It's funny but I have just recently been trying to track down Nellybelle. I found out it was bought by a woman who lives about 15 minutes from my home. At least a couple of years ago it was apparently on display at a local high end sports car dealership near me, but I was unaware of it. This is a great build, Dan. Did I see it a few years ago at GSL? Did your research disclose why it had the armor added to it? I know there was speculation that it was a WW II Navy surplus Jeep. Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill.  I've never been to the GSL, so that must of been another build.  I never found out that information about the armor plating, sorry.  I do believe that it is a surplus jeep though.  I had fun building this and spent a lot of time searching for information on Nellybelle.  Not much information on the Jeep, esp. the color.  All the pictures I found were in Black and White.  After I painted it, I found one color of Nellybelle that Roy Rogers Jr. posted and Looks like I guest right on the color, or close anyway.  Dan

• 2 months later...

Thanks Brian.  I had fun researching and building this kit.  This is the first build that I did a lot of research before building the kit.  I don't know if you know that the club now meets at Hobbyland on the first Thursday of every month now.  Most of us also meet there every Friday night for NERD night.  The new owner wants to also start a second NERD night on Tuesdays.  So, if ya can, come on out and build, talk or just visit.  Dan