Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model factory hiro

Final fitting of the body. MFH kits are not shake and bake. This is the hardest kit I have ever done. Every part is a challenge for me. But when I finish a subassembly , it just looks cool and I cannot wait to do the next step. I need mental help.Hope you like

6FECEAF8-3C55-49EC-9813-3735ED44169E.jpeg

Great build!   Great kits!     Wish my wallet was a bit thicker. I guess most of us can only dream about building a M F H kit.in this scale. Nice to see model makers who are building them share their experiences on this forum. My dream kit would be to build their Alfetta 158/159.     One day!   One day!!

I have some very good friends that help me with these kits. Mark would let me make payments on these kits. He has kits that are out of this world. I saw a Bugatti kit that was 1/8 scale and all hand made of brass. Total detail to the right bolts. This kit was $7800 from Italy. Only a few were made. I just received a gurney eagle f1 mfh kit from Mark. Traded for it. Otherwise I could not do it either. Although I just got my irs check and really thinking of the new  mfh Porsche 917 can am Sunoco car. I just hope something else does not come up so I can get it. By the way he has tha Alfretta kit. Great kit! Just outstanding. Bugatti fan you need to get this. These kits are good investments as Mark buys several mfh kits that are the same. Since mfh makes only 500 kits he waits several years and then sells the other 2 to pay for the one kit. He can afford it. The rich get richer. He’s also very smart. I wish I could do that. 

14 hours ago, Brudda said:

I have some very good friends that help me with these kits. Mark would let me make payments on these kits. He has kits that are out of this world. I saw a Bugatti kit that was 1/8 scale and all hand made of brass. Total detail to the right bolts. This kit was $7800 from Italy. Only a few were made. I just received a gurney eagle f1 mfh kit from Mark. Traded for it. Otherwise I could not do it either. Although I just got my irs check and really thinking of the new  mfh Porsche 917 can am Sunoco car. I just hope something else does not come up so I can get it. By the way he has tha Alfretta kit. Great kit! Just outstanding. Bugatti fan you need to get this. These kits are good investments as Mark buys several mfh kits that are the same. Since mfh makes only 500 kits he waits several years and then sells the other 2 to pay for the one kit. He can afford it. The rich get richer. He’s also very smart. I wish I could do that. 

Sounds like you have found yourself a good friend to help achieve your dream kit.

keep up the stellar work.

one day I would love to have a chance to build one

Bruce, it sounds as though Mark has a good tho going there. Would be nice to be able to up front investment into a number of MFH kits. The prices of some kits these days got me into going the scratch built route. My first effort was my scratch built Type 59 Bugatti that I wrote an article about in MCM in 2013 or thereabouts.