Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model factory hiro

It’s real easy to spray. Just put a few drops in your airbrush, and spray. You do not need gloss black or any gloss for that matter. This was sprayed over primer. Let it dry (a day in this case) then I dipped the spinner into future. Now I can take the spinner off and not hurt the chrome. 

18 hours ago, Brudda said:

It’s real easy to spray. Just put a few drops in your airbrush, and spray. You do not need gloss black or any gloss for that matter. This was sprayed over primer. Let it dry (a day in this case) then I dipped the spinner into future. Now I can take the spinner off and not hurt the chrome. 

Nice. I may have to give it a try on my next project 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the enlightening comments. Here is the oil cooler. It was 30 parts. Took most of the week. And another side view of the car. Rubbed it out again. Not going to press my luck. I have to learn to leave things alone. From here on I have to be very careful, as the build can go sideways. For some reason it will not let me load the oil cooler pics. Sorry

999FE806-6FB4-488F-BFFB-6BDA54D82D19.jpeg

The decals will be put on , then reclear.. My build was going to be just the prancing horse on the sides and on the front. Prova on the back panel. But I may put all the decals on the car then reclear. If I put the numbers on it will be the third place car at Daytona in 1967. Has anyone out there had any experience with mfh decals? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Brudda said:

I am using Sherwin Williams tcp urethane clear.  It says to mix 4:1:1 4 parts clear , 1 part reducer and 1 part hardner. I spray it thru a sata minijet with a .8 tip. 

Many thanks for sharing your trick..... really appreciate it....

So its 2k polyurethane.... it explain why its so shiny n glossy

Put the duct mounts on the front end. Of course had to modify. This kit is a great kit as long as you model it. Meaning modify, change, cut , add material etc. The model is not a regular kit. As soon as my buddy ,Mark explained to me about mfh kits, it was better. I thought since I spent so much for this kit it was supposed to fall together. NOT SO! You have to work every part. I do not want to put any one off these kits but they are a lot of work. But the results are quite amazing. Next is the cooling ducts for the brakes and interior. Hope you like and thank you for the comments. I’m learning , boy am I learning. 

50F4A4A0-E12E-42B3-A4E2-F465E3472823.jpeg

7A38B38E-F59D-4A50-8815-95D5C21496D2.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could load some pics but it cannot load them. Must be too much data. I will keep trying. Have the radiator in cooling tubing in. Fitting the interior. The steering wheel looks so real. But even a simple steering wheel cannot be uploaded. Do not understand. Hope to have pics for you. Maybe