Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model factory hiro

I've never tackled an MFH build, and I've heard that they are very difficult,  you're seeing that as well, but all that extra effort is paying off nicely. When done right, like yours, MFH kits end up looking amazing! Yes yours looks AMAZING!

Fuel pump and oil pumps mounted. Trying to make the rear brake ducts fit. When the brake ducts are mounted the pumps disappear. I was going to connect the pumps with the tanks but you do not even see them when the ducts are in. Thank God! Took me a week just to do this. Not as good as you guys but trying. 

6B286D88-A056-4939-8356-003B4ADC27EE.jpeg

6B2E8EBD-C955-4831-8E7F-86115AF4B2B0.jpeg

7E6565E5-0C5E-4645-A6EB-D72958E9B7EB.jpeg

More pics. Test fitting again. Not much more to go. About 100 more parts to put on. Will take me about 2 more months I think. Every step is a epic event. This is many models in one. These last steps are the hardest as not to rush the build to get it done. (At least for me) if I finish this build it will be the most complex model I have built. I also lowered the rear . It was too high for me. Made some extended shock brackets and the rear stance is better. Hope you like.

32CD481B-7F6E-47A9-B417-41768A5D6E14.jpeg

0A97BCBD-E054-4D12-B064-FA9D42D41177.jpeg

20F028E8-29AD-452D-A915-474A7CF970C3.jpeg

DD4E626F-3B59-4B59-852E-5D08988BA158.jpeg

E144DEC2-00A9-477D-B5FD-ACEA7D8756F9.jpeg

I'm AMAZED at the detail this beast has! I've got the Fujimi one with HRM's engine kit, but that pales in comparison simply because of this thing's sheer size!

I'd LOVE to someday get one of MFH's Ferrari 250 GTO's but the price is a tad out of reach for me, and then there's carving out the time to build it. Keep up the FANTASTIC work! B)

Thank you Codi, your builds are amazing! Thank you MrObsessive and you are right they are very expensive. I only have this one and a 1/12 MFH Gurney Eagle F1 car. They are out of my reach also. I love the 250 GTO. I might get one more and it’s going to be the Porsche 917/30 can am car. Had a poster of that car in my room as a kid and would like to have that one. One thing I have noticed about MFH kits is they rarely go down in price. This kit cost $650 but I see on evil-bay they are around $1000. My buddy Mark can afford to buy a new mfh kit ,several at a time and always sells for more a few years later. He has a storage shed full of mfh kits.He just gave away a mfh 1/12 Mazda kit to a fellow model builder at no charge. Very kind and generous person. He has helped me also, so very much.    Just put the rear glass in. It’s glass time on the Ferrari. You have to cut the glass to size. Just a flat piece of clear plastic.

F8A2B5C4-3C9B-4C6A-98DC-FEF57E3688EA.jpeg

17640955-2013-4DA9-8907-2B78B6FDF96F.jpeg

Thank you Belugawrx. I need ideas . Do not know the best way to display the model. I was thinking of making jack stands for one side and have the wheels off. But I really do not know. Please give me your input. Greatly appreciated! Thank you

Thank you Chris. I really do not know what the windows are made of. They are vacuum formed and you have to cut to fit. The door windows are going to be hard for me as you have to cut the opening for the slider. I hope I can do this. The door ( I say windows as the race cars did not use glass. ) The door window moulding will are photo etched and I have to sand blast them to look silver. Might do the rear brake cooling ducts and think how I’m going to do the door windows. Another side shot with the front windshield.

0F55D6BC-691B-48C3-8C47-ABFB87D141D6.jpeg

I have to correct myself. The race cars did use glass , the ford GT used glass for the windshield. In 1967 the Mark 4 would break the windshields. Ford did not bring any more windshields and ford had several flown into France for the 24 hours of lemans. 

Gorgeous fitment Bruce. I have a hiro 1/12th 917K "Hippy Car" that I've never gotten to.  I'm going to sell it at some point as I just won't have the time to ever build it.  A shame as your build is VERY inspirational and shows what can be made of one.  Nice nice job again!  

Thank you Codi, just poking along. Doing a little at a time. Installed the brake cooling ducts. I never thought a build could take so long. This build keeps you on your toes! Please build the hippy car. Your builds are great! I would like to do the 917/30 can am car. But financially I cannot at this time. Plus This is the longest build I have ever done. I guess if anything you learn patience. A lot of patience. Thanks again and build the car. I would love to see your talents go into that car. It would be a work of art.

318E9EBE-9D49-4ECE-B452-955AF8E08D43.jpeg

9A52D51D-3043-433B-88E3-66DF61EC0BEF.jpeg

I am memorized on how this build is coming together. I am in awe of the detail.

i will agree that taking your time is the best way to build a model,if you want it to look as if it was the original car. 

Keep up the awesome work. When you complete it you will be super happy and proud.

Thank you Chris. Keeping calm because the parts count is finally becoming sane. I can actually see the straight away. Here is the side window cut out. Still needs slider and the mounts with rivets. Lost the gas cap. Had to make a new one from aluminum. 

AB5B359B-E592-4F65-87B4-B7D187A39939.jpeg

F61A4692-74C6-4941-9762-3F13412AE960.jpeg

05221936-4771-4BDE-8F76-F8C600E66F6C.jpeg

Hello DrZero, no future but I was going to do it. Just polished till my fingertips were raw. Was scared of the future yellowing over time. I did put tamiya tape on the windshield to protect it as I was cutting and shaping it. Used 3m auto extra fine rubbing compound on the windshield and hoped for the best.The windshield is a vacuum formed and you cut to fit. A lot of handling so the tamiya tape. Thank you for the great comments.