Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model factory hiro

Thank you Codi. I am going back to 1/25 for a few builds then hit the 1/12 again. I have the MFH Formula1 Gurney Eagle. It’s a lot less parts than the P4. Everyone needs to do a MFH kit if they can. I personally like making a swap meet kit (1/25) into a good build. It is very affordable and it’s what I grew up with. The MFH kits are so hard to afford. My friend Mark helps me out a lot with these kits. He lets me make payments to him so I can afford them. The kit he bought for me is the 917/30 can am Porsche. I will start making payments to him for that kit. He just finds great deals and gets them and helps out the guys in our club. The most generous person I know. Without him I could not afford these kits. Try explaining a $1000 kit to the wife. I can get away with even a $100 kit but not a MFH kit. And thank all of you for the great support and comments. 

Thanks for sharing this amazing build with us Bruce. These MFH kits are beyond fantastic. You've  done such a beautiful job on this - its really inspiring. A couple of years ago I invested in a MFH Ferrari GTO. Prices were a lot more reasonable then, but still crazy expensive compared to a typical 1/24 or 1/25 kit. The way I see it, is one of these MFH kits is a years model building budget blown in one go. (I never told the wife - and she never told me how much her shoes cost!). Once in every model builders lifetime they need to do one of these. Thanks for inspiring me to crack on with my GTO.

I look forward to seeing some more pics of your P3 in the underglass section.

Thank you funkychicken and beeRS. Everyone needs to do at least one. But they are expensive. My next 1/12 will be the Gurney F1 Eagle. I do have this one and it looks cool. But I owe these to my friend Mark. He helps me with the financial purchase of the kit. Without him I could not do it. 

36B32112-3532-4C87-AF0F-6AFF264EA00B.jpeg

2A4AA532-2FAD-487A-8629-A3FA6ED0A07B.jpeg

89731826-9D3F-4A32-A44F-DD45D0736461.jpeg

What an absolutely gorgeous model, Bruce!  I have followed/seen a number of MFH kits being built.  I know they can be a challenge at times.  Your finished example is outstanding!!

Now here is a cool coincidence, I just purchased the Eagle a few months ago.  It will be my first MFH.  I'm going to be following your build so that I can learn from you!  So please, share as much as you can, good and bad.  Thanks!

Thank you. Nacho Z     I am going to rest on MFH for a little bit. Going to go back to some 1/25 kits. But I will post the build. I am getting the color for the Eagle. I will do a different number as most are doing the spa winning car. Number 36. It’s going to be fun. You will not be bored for sure. Thanks again for the great comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello , made some jack stands for display with the tires off. Going to try to make a stand for the front end to sit on for display. I’m surprised that MFH does not make jack stands. Maybe someone will come up with some. Hope you like.

9FF2773D-DC9B-4213-8476-E12B2C454E5C.jpeg

54684233-F57D-4BCF-B80B-45C364B0280C.jpeg

19CCAC4F-BEBD-4A1B-8296-9D9CE35170FE.jpeg

CB7B02C6-890D-427F-812E-E9EE5342B17D.jpeg

DECA5382-938E-4E24-B856-8455CAD45051.jpeg

AA062E2E-51D6-4017-B6B6-A06992FC6476.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello entered the Ferrari in the Hornet show in the Bay Area. It took 3rd. It suffered some transportation damage. I will package it better next trip.  I’ll be at the NNL West. On a good note Mr Hiro put the Ferrari on his web site. Model Factory Hiro. 

7D890FEB-AD40-432A-97EE-907DE6A4FBB5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...