Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all, fresh from my completion of the Subaru, I pulled out next in the line of models to get built. This one is going to be intended as a gift to someone who is a big fan of VW Campers, and I'm going to try shooting it with some slightly interesting paint (first time using an airbrush too). I'm aware for a second go it's very ambitious, but we all need to be challenged, right?

I've opted for Zero paints ZP-4032 which is a green-purple flip. I think I'll keep the rest of the colour scheme in line with the box art/as revell intended mostly. 

I tried painting the whitewalls on the tyres as per the instructions, but that seems to be an express ticket to insanity. I might look into decals, but at the moment I'm quite happy how they look unpainted.

Thanks for looking :)

20171012_192756.jpg

20171012_193151.jpg

20171012_213606.jpg

A couple more images to show. I prepped the front end for painting and gave it 3 coats of tamiya light grey primer, next up it will get a couple coats of black then the flip paint! Engine also painted and assembled. The only part you have to glue is the little distributor cap, the rest just pushes in snugly without glue which is always nice.

20171016_182632.jpg

20171016_204256.jpg