Model Cars Magazine Forum

TM Resins - contact information?

I'm wondering if anyone has contact information for TM resins aside of through Ebay? I would like to contact them about ordering a couple of parts from one of their kits but trying to communicate through Ebay is risky for him as their rules forbid that. Does anyone have an email address for them? Or a phone number that they can PM tome? Those people really need a website as it is starting to look as if they are striving to become Modelhaus 2.0. Lots of wagons and neat stuff = they are really expanding their line of products. Their listings are a sight for sore eyes..

Gary, I don't have contact info for him other than eBay, but I can tell you that not long ago I tried to get certain parts from one of his kits and he politely declined. Someone else in another thread also tried to get parts and he pretty much had the same answer for them.

He had told me he's way too busy with making kits and such to also do parts. It'd be nice if he could branch out in that direction, but I can certainly understand the business side of things. Indeed he's got some nice stuff, and what I've gotten from him in the past has been VERY well done with no pinholes or voids to be seen.

Keep an eye on another resin seller on the 'Bay that's been putting out some neat stuff lately, and that's someone that goes by the handle "MustangMom". What I have hot linked is just what they have for the time being............you might want to save them as they're putting things up all the time. BTW, I have bought from that seller, and their quality is also top notch. ;)

His stuff is nice but I wish he would have a website to order something instead of having to bid for it on ebay. I understand from a business sense he has every right to do this and it seems to be netting him some extra cash when bidding wars happen on a particular item. But it does become a bit inconvenient as a potential buyer having to do a song and dance to get an item when so many others just simply let you order through a website. 

Just some thoughts. He definitely has the potential to become the "next Modelhaus" and that's a compliment. 

Alberto, it might be he does it this way as he's pretty much a one man show. I follow his auctions on eBay (got something from him not long ago), but his auction are short-----not lasting more than four days at the most. He disappears for a spell, then he either relists or remakes items that sold before.

Yeah, the bidding wars do come up on certain things from time to time. He had a Corvair Lakewood wagon (new item) that went for crazy money not long ago. I figure wait awhile till the frenzy dies down as it IS a repro, and like catching the bus, another one will come along eventually. ;)

Thanks for the input guys.. I did contact him through Ebay and he gave me a price on the pieces I wanted - it was a fair price too, by the way. I asked him how he wanted to do the transaction - with a Buy It Now? He responded something about not being able to get my mailing address through Ebay's rules. Guess I'll just have to shelve that project I guess. Dealing through Ebay gets real old some times...

Bill, there is another caster on Ebay who goes by redlinerestorations2015-8  He seems to have some interesting items and some prices are pretty decent - certainly not out of line. Man, but we DO need Modelhaus back..

Edited by impcon

You could print your contact information on a piece of paper.  Contact him through Ebay with a photo of your info and see if it will go through.  Ebay is pretty sneaky though.  Ebay makes so much money I don't know why they make it impossible to exchange info with buyers and sellers.

Gary, I just PM'd you.......... ;)

I've seen that seller's things on eBay, and IIRC, he's been to NNL East as some of those items look familiar.

You could print your contact information on a piece of paper.  Contact him through Ebay with a photo of your info and see if it will go through.  Ebay is pretty sneaky though.  Ebay makes so much money I don't know why they make it impossible to exchange info with buyers and sellers.

Greg, they've gotten so greedy through the years it's a crying shame. It's one of the reasons eBay's losing money as folks are leaving, and it's also why you're seeing more and more "Buy It Now" things offered. eBay wants to become more of a place to shop like a store, and I can see them eventually getting away from auctions altogether.

They created this auction "ghetto" that's tough to break free from---------what they need is some stiff competition so there's a choice. They're out there, but many don't get a lot of traction because eBay's got such a stranglehold on the market. :(

If you buy something he has to ship it to you, with a return address. 

A few weeks ago I missed a T.M. Resins body I meant to bid on (62 T-Bird hardtop).  Contacted Jeff thru eBay, and he said he was putting another one up that same night. He did, I placed a minimum bid and won it.  Luckily, that one doesn't start bidding wars like the Lakewood.

Which I guess is another sort of "eBay Tip:"  on common items like that T-Bird, sometimes it may be better to bid at the start of an auction than at the end.  Most people aren't going to start a bidding war.  They'll see that it already has a bid, and wait for next time.  At least that's what I often do.

Funny story I read about eBay on the internet, so it must be true. Or should be:  when Meg Whitman left eBay and the new CEO took over, he announced that he was going to drive the business toward more eBay Stores and Buy-It-Now items.  He said eBay "looked too much like a flea market."  He immediately got several thousand angry e-mails, saying: "It IS a flea market, you idiot."

Funny story I read about eBay on the internet, so it must be true. Or should be:  when Meg Whitman left eBay and the new CEO took over, he announced that he was going to drive the business toward more eBay Stores and Buy-It-Now items.  He said eBay "looked too much like a flea market."  He immediately got several thousand angry e-mails, saying: "It IS a flea market, you idiot."

Well, even if that story is true, looks like he did what he wanted to do - eBay is no longer a flea market, but it is now more like Amazon Jr., full of ByN sellers. :angry:

Well, even if that story is true, looks like he did what he wanted to do - eBay is no longer a flea market, but it is now more like Amazon Jr., full of ByN sellers. :angry:

eBay will forever chase Amazon's tail and never ever catch it!  It's a shame that a medium that was started as a collectors forum has abandoned that market entirely.  A while back someone suggested they start "Classic eBay" just for collectibles.   I guess there's not enough money in it for them.   

Which I guess is another sort of "eBay Tip:"  on common items like that T-Bird, sometimes it may be better to bid at the start of an auction than at the end.  Most people aren't going to start a bidding war.  They'll see that it already has a bid, and wait for next time.  At least that's what I often do.

Agreed,

Ive done this a few times and won a couple times. If  not Wait a couple days for the next one and try again. I refuse to get in a bidding war with resin parts. I'll wait for the next listing