• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Friday, November 24th starting 8 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. If it doesn't, I'll push the maintenance back to Saturday, 2 December. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Someone please take the chrome away from the designers

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Image result for chrome car

Um......I would call that slightly over done.

Not sure what's actually under there, but the front end appears to be from an early '60s Imperial.

Steve

Posted

IIRC, that monstrosity is two 70s Mercedes E-class wagons fused together with a ton o' crud added on.  Can see the Mercedes wheel on the left front.  

Posted

Um......I would call that slightly over done.

Not sure what's actually under there, but the front end appears to be from an early '60s Imperial.

"...a combination of two Eighties Mercedes-Benz W123 station wagons and a 1962 Imperial front end placed atop a tri-axle chassis with a dually axle in the center of the car and a Chevrolet truck front axle mounted at the rear, steering opposite the front wheels. A Mercedes-Benz turbodiesel engine powers the 29-foot laden limousine."

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2015/06/08/finnjet-the-only-car-with-a-chrome-bill-bigger-than-its-gas-bill-comes-up-for-sale/

Posted

"...a combination of two Eighties Mercedes-Benz W123 station wagons and a 1962 Imperial front end placed atop a tri-axle chassis with a dually axle in the center of the car and a Chevrolet truck front axle mounted at the rear, steering opposite the front wheels. A Mercedes-Benz turbodiesel engine powers the 29-foot laden limousine."

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2015/06/08/finnjet-the-only-car-with-a-chrome-bill-bigger-than-its-gas-bill-comes-up-for-sale/

Must be more than just Mercedes going on on the sides.

Looks to be some almost Ford like tail fins rising up just behind the front door & then ending about half way back, followed by another duplicate fin running all the way to the rear.

What a Frankenstein!

Steve

Posted

Image result for chrome car

Case in Point......

Posted

Any one want to build a 1/25 scale replica ?  No ? I didn't think so. :D

Posted

I'm not even sure one could figure out where to begin with a replica of that thing!

Anyone have pics of the interior?

Posted

I don't think you'd have to worry on parking lots; no one would WANT to park near enough to ding it.:o

Posted

If someone did ding you, would you even notice?

Posted

Something tells me that the owner would notice a ding. I'll wager he knows every inch of that thing.

Posted

Any one want to build a 1/25 scale replica ?  No ? I didn't think so. :D

Done... :D

IMG_20171024_174240891.thumb.jpg.07f62e8

Posted

^^^^ Nailed it.

Posted

lolz