Model Cars Magazine Forum

F body meet!

Plastic_Passion

Nice collection. I favor that red iroc the most. Which is your favorite?

it's pretty decent. That red iroc actually isn't an iroc. It's the monogram 85 z28 model. I've kit bashed it quite a bit. I'm always doing something to it too. Just when I think it's done... nope... back on the bench. I'm actually clear coating it right now. I've had this thing for about 16 years and I'm just glossing it now.... I still want to detail the irok wheels I put on. I still have a '70 1/2 z28 to put together. Which I'll get the P.E. kit for. I already bought a resin Baldwin motion style wing for it and some eBay 70 camaro gauges. I also have a 69 that I think is my favorite camaro I've done to date. I did the 1/8 iroc once but was an idiot and left it in the back of my 1:1 firebird and it melted from the sun. Eventually when I have an arm and a leg and eighteen teeth to part with I'll buy another one. But this time it'll stay in my house. Here's a pic of my in progress 69 427 ss.

20160622_230846.jpg

Steve, you have some great looking builds there. Seeing your t/a makes me miss my bird. Those wheels on that '78 look awesome. Are those Pegasus wheels?

Thanks Jeremy.

Those wheels are actually a set of regular snowflakes in a set of sleeves I cast from Pegasus wheels. If I did it again I'd just cut the spokes from a set of Pegasus "t's" and use the rims directly instead of casting them. 

Edited by Can-Con

Thanks Jeremy.

Those wheels are actually a set of regular snowflakes in a set of sleeves I cast from Pegasus wheels. If I did it again I'd just cut the spokes from a set of Pegasus "t's" and use them directly instead of casting them. 

i want to cast some stuff. I just bought a 06 z06 on evilbay for real cheap. Came with two sets of wheels but one set was missing a rear wheel.... such is the way it goes... I seem to have an issue with drivers side mirrors too.... in my house a driver's side mirror is the equivalent of a 10mm socket.

David, I'm pretty sure you could be referred to as the camaro/firebird king! I LOVE that 1/8 scale iroc you did. And I've definitely eyeballed that yellow formula. But all your F bodies are amazing. I need to get another 1/8. Is that the 1/16 iroc you posted also? I've seen the 1/16 bird for cheap, and I've found the 1/16 berlinetta. And also the trans am but can't find a 1/16 iroc to save my life. Great entries man!