• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Friday, November 24th starting 8 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. If it doesn't, I'll push the maintenance back to Saturday, 2 December. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any ideas for traditional wheels and tires in untraditional sizes?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been noticing the trend in 1:1 cars and trucks to have traditional wheels, steelies with dog dish hubcaps, Magnum 500s, even Minilites and such in 18, 20 inch and other sizes. Does anyone make such a thing in 1/25th scale? I've been wanting to add some to kits, but haven't seen anything like that.

Posted

I've had some luck with wheels made for larger scales, running rubber-band tires made for 1/25.

WARNING: May require math.   :D

Posted

The Revell Foose '67 Dodge Coronet R/T has a big set of Magnum 500s in it ,, too big maybe. They seem to scale out to 24 or 26 inches, too big for me. I bought the kit just for the wheels then traded them off when I found how big they are.

The old AMT "Black Force" snap kit has a big set of steelies with baby moon caps if you can find one that hasn't been pirated of the wheels.

Posted

Model Martin has resin flat disc wheels with dog dish hub caps wearing 33's !! I just used a set of these on the back of a '25 Model T Ford speedster.

Posted

The old AMT "Black Force" snap kit has a big set of steelies with baby moon caps if you can find one that hasn't been pirated of the wheels.

Every time I see one for reasonable money, I buy it.   :D