• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Sunday, November 26th starting 9 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. 
      Update 2: I'm moving the upgrade to 9 AM Sunday.  

1:24 '73 Porsche Carrera RSR

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This Porsche 911 Carrera RSR is a combination between the Fujimi '73 Carrera RS kit (bumpers, hood and decals) and a Fujimi '85 Turbo wide body. Front oil cooler intake, resin racing seats in Gulf Blue and resin straight headers added. The yellow car is a '72 911 S/T, another combination of Fujimi kits.

73 rsr 1.JPG

73 rsr 2.JPG

73 rsr 3.jpg

Edited by timomomomo

Posted

Both of these are really beautiful. I love the mix-and-match nature of the Fujimi kits... Kind of like real 911s!

Posted

Superb looking pair of 911's. I like both, but the Minilite type wheels on the yellow version look particularly good, well done!

Posted

Really super builds.  I like how your toned down the wheels to match the subtle appearance of the bodies. 

Posted

pair of beauties ;)

Posted

Beautiful builds!!!......cant decide which I like better

Posted

Beautiful builds!!!......cant decide which I like better

Hi,

Agreed 100%, although I think the choice is obvious so I'll take the Porsche.

Posted

Hi,

Agreed 100%, although I think the choice is obvious so I'll take the Porsche.

LMAO!!!!!

Posted

Cool builds!

Posted

Awesome.

Posted

NICE!!

Posted

Such a great, classic look to your Porsche cars. The paint colors and wheel treatments suit each one perfectly.

Posted

Both of these are really beautiful. I love the mix-and-match nature of the Fujimi kits... Kind of like real 911s!

Thank you. The mods were actually an outcome of my frustration after purchasing a Fujimi '67 911R kit - and discovering it comes with a body with SC rear wheel arches, not the narrow body that the R used. That's when I discovered the 911 S/T. I got a great deal on a lot of 5 Fujimi porsche models and it's all snowballed from there! I was honestly unaware of how you could basically order a road/race car from Porsche "a la carte" until I started learning more. 

Posted

Such a great, classic look to your Porsche cars. The paint colors and wheel treatments suit each one perfectly.

Hey thanks! I wanted to try to match factory appearances as best I could. Paint is Testors, "Go Mango" and "Bright Yellow" from a can, with a coat of clear gloss on each.

Posted

great builds on both , very nice work