Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bored

jaftygas

Ooh nice! Simple is good... I like the fact that you kept the styrene fairly thin and small, which is to say in scale, but unfortunately looking like it will fall apart at any moment. Have faith, things will firm up as you add crossmembers, etc.

Edited by Bernard Kron

I built my first Rat Rod, Chassis etc recently. I had a front end but wanted it lower/stronger rear section to take the scratch rear axle.

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Keep going to what you think it should look like. I Google search for images of Rat Rod chassis, bodies,suspension etc. to see what I would like to fit to it.

Thanks Bernard, I just realized you're in Seattle! I'm just getting my feet wet with this. I try to imagine doing it in 1/1, and use the math to translate. There are so many ways to make a frame that you can't possibly see them all in a lifetime. Thanks to you Patrick. I'm just going on necessities and then using my imagination to cool it up. I'm just getting started and that's half the battle. Thx to both cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Well been awhile sense I could work on the rod. It came to mind that I need some exhaust for the rod, and I just love sprint car exhaust. None come in any kits that will fit so naturally I must make them. I fiddled around and wasted 1/16, till l thought make a jig. I'm sure I'll make more than one set . So I started with my hydrometer tube full of K S material.

IMG_1026.JPG

Hey Bruce how are you? It's great to be my self again, and be out from under a rock. Yes I have brewed a few times in the last year or so. However, I have had to give the liver a break!??

Thanks again, Joe.

P.S. Did you give brewing a try yet?

• 4 weeks later...