Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Stop Light Warrior. Outdoor pics added.

Lovefordgalaxie

I have to agree with the others Tulio. Beautiful work. My older brother's 1st car was a '56 Ford with a 292 V8.

I have a 1:1 1961 F100 with a 428 Cobra Jet, so I have to admit that I could go with the FE in a '56. Not a smoothy engine like is SO COMMON for most of the customizers now. Maybe even the right kind of bucket seats, but the dub wheels with electrical tape tires would NOT be acceptable to me. And I would not be able to build one that way for someone else. Chip Foose style turns me away. What you show here gets my approval. B)

I have to agree with the others Tulio. Beautiful work. My older brother's 1st car was a '56 Ford with a 292 V8.

I have a 1:1 1961 F100 with a 428 Cobra Jet, so I have to admit that I could go with the FE in a '56. Not a smoothy engine like is SO COMMON for most of the customizers now. Maybe even the right kind of bucket seats, but the dub wheels with electrical tape tires would NOT be acceptable to me. And I would not be able to build one that way for someone else. Chip Foose style turns me away. What you show here gets my approval. B)

Thanks!!

The right kind of bucket seats huh? Maybe a set from a '65 or '66 Galaxie would be cool. Now a non Y engine on a '56... I''m not a fan of. Love the Y so much. Drive one daily. The only better sounding engine is the flathed Ford V8.

On the tires, we agree 100%!! I think if the thing has no whitewall, or at least a white line, and doesn't have ate least 5 inches of rubber for me to apply tire dress on, it's not a tire. And that ugly big inch wheels? UGH!!! 15 inch is big enough. 

Try hitting a pothole with a tire that is a finger thick... I swear I don't get what people think nowadays. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but for me nothing beats factory steel wheels, factory dog dish caps, and a nice set of Firestone Wide Ovals (the realdeal, not the "new and improved" radial fake for sissies).

Yeah, if my car were a victim on the overhaulin' show, I would probably beat the shait out of Foose, and have him to pay for a factory stock fix on the car.

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie