Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buick Electra STW 1986 ready to "Under Glass"

Reuhkapelti

Thank you very much! I thought about that hood for a minute, then decided to use this one. I think it wouldnt be too difficult to scratch build a flat hood, but I kinda like this one. Oh boy there's still some much to do with this one. Now I'm working with the cargo compartment. 

Something like this. Those side pontons are not exactly like the real ones are shaped, but I think they will do. 

I also got a set of tires, that are slightly smaller in diagramm. These fit much better to the wheel openings or fenders or what they are called.

IMG_20171102_161712.jpg

IMG_20171102_164505.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti

Thanks Eric and others too! My phone is pulling my leg. I could not insert the text in a normal way. But here we have a photo of the engine bay. Im trying to put something extra in there, as these 80's vehicles are full of hoses and electric wires and stuff. The engine is somewhere down there.

Edited by Reuhkapelti

Thanks again! Hehehe the 80 sticker is usless, as this wagon has the original soft back seat. If I take it away and put the foldable hard bench instead, that yellow label should appear to the rear bumper. I think this wagon will be finished in the near future, and I' ll put the final pics under the glass. 

This project is coming along just great! 

Here is a picture of my brother and I washing our family truckster, a diesel Buick Electra. Man, that car was a piece of junk! My brother had to drive it in high school,  and let's just say it wasn't exactly enticing to the ladies. Luckily it died before I could inherit it.

buick electra crop

Edited by tmathew1us
spelling