Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Mach 1

Lizz62

I have that one and like it because that was such an odd color.  I do remember real ones in a shade pretty close to that.  Seemed like most around here were red.  

I knew three or four people with the same color, not really that bad, I just really like red.pretty nice kit though

Edited by Lizz62

Well well well.  I like the color but See my other Posts for my rants about how inaccurate this kit is.  I'll list a few just for fun.  The Mach1 decal looks crooked.  The 429 never was and will neve be correct for a 71.  No 71-73's had vents in the hood and that wing height is okay for a Honda. The rear decal and bumper are right for a 73 but wrong for a 72.  I have also seen this diecast kit in silver, red. Black (with incorrect white stripes) .  If you wan to build a more accurate 71/72 Mach1 - also see my other posts or comments on any post about 71-73 Mustangs.

Yes that is my 72 Mach1 and here is a Danbury Mint diecast next to the Testors one with those gigantic hood hinges, and the AMT kit I built with a few extra.

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

?pea green? Must be an acquired taste I guess.  My point was why would you build a model in a color you do not like.  I was simply pointing out all the things that make this diecast less than correct if you care.  The real 71-73's seem to get further and further from how they looked when the rolled off the assembly line due to owners down the line changing them.  The model companies (if they are doing any research) are basing remakes on whatever Google image comes up.