Model Cars Magazine Forum

IT'S TIME

PARTSMARTY

Well guy's -it's time.Iam and have been in the auto parts business for 45 years and just started applying for retirement and pension.If everything goes well i'll be retired in a couple months and looking forward to it.After so long of doing this but some physical problems and limitations made it an easier decision.I have to call out 2 great modelers and friends who gave me advice in knowing it was the right time-CRAZY JIM and my buddy MARK ORR-DISABLED MODELER-you guys rock-thank you ever so much.Most of all thanks to my awesome wife Patti.

Edited by PARTSMARTY

Good luck on your upcoming retirement Marty, as I've been enjoying mine. Now if I only could finish more model kits???

X2...  I sure wish that I could finish more models too.  I've been retired for 8 years now and have loads of time...... Just not as much ambition as I used to have.

Been retired since 2001 and I'm loving every minute of it Marty.   Just think of all the building time after you get the honey do's done.  Since I turn 70 in January, we're thinking it might be time to travel a little bit.

Best of luck in your retirement my friend.

Enjoy it Marty! As someone who has been involved in the auto parts business since 1982 (with a couple of years off), I can certainly relate to wanting to hang it up. Many changes in the 35 years I have been around it, both on the OEM and aftermarket side, and I wish I could tell you it has all been good!

Hopefully you will get the time and motivation to build models as well as enjoy life!

• 1 month later...

Well guys we're getting down to the wire-it looks like about 2 weeks and we're done.I'm so excited that time seems to be moving so slow-lol.My motivation to build has never been higher and i' can't wait for more build time-honey do's of course and being able to spend more time and do more things with my wife Patti.I just wanted to say thanks to everybody from the bottom of my heart for your support.I'm on the site a bit each day but am planning on being on a lot more.The only negative has been getting everything done has been pretty stressful  indeed.

THANKS GUYS AGAIN

PARTS MARTY

AKA-MOPAR MARTY