Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kalmar Ottawa Yard Tractor

• 6 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 5:35 PM, Chariots of Fire said:

Hey, Bob!  In the Tutorial portion of the forum I just posted a "how to" on making a piston/cylinder that will stay together.  Hope it helps.

Thanks, Charlie, I got them done! Lots of fiddly parts for my mitts to handle, but they work and the stroke now has a limit when extended!

10 minutes ago, Scalper said:

She's looking good.. cant wait to see this in person. 

Thanks, but don't look too close, as it will be a three footer for sure!  Still haven't decided what colour to paint it, most are white but yellow or red with some stripes would sure stand out on the contest table (and on the shelf for three foot viewing).  Needs a trailer too, maybe an ice cream reefer - wonder what decals are in the Moebius trailer kits

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Has it been a year already? It’s done! Painting went very slowly, as I found yellow seems to be very translucent and takes many coats to cover properly, then you go ruin it with the weathering, LOL! The last touch was making up air lines, which I plan to add to my other builds

106BD552-F0D4-4734-822C-8FF4CD50DF1E.jpeg

B831BBE1-4540-45AD-A49B-89FCE8FD314F.jpeg

67C80964-8259-4CB1-8A61-67A0762BDF90.jpeg

8D38887E-32D4-4B4B-8E1A-AAB19609934D.jpeg

E7E38C18-643D-4D67-8745-36EC5BB64CEB.jpeg

Great work!! I’ve been wanting to see this one done for some time now. It looks great! I watched your build closely and took notes  because I “hope” to build an early 70s version some time. It is a gas burner with a sliding back window only and no rear door.

Top notch work for sure!