[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
hct728(Bob)

Kalmar Ottawa Yard Tractor

Hey Bob I work for a Kalmar dealership if there is anything I may be able to help you out with let me know and I'll see if I can help you out. Looks great can't wait to see the end result.  

On 10/17/2017 at 9:23 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I've been wanting to build an early 70's one of these myself. I'll be watching this one close, especially the fifth wheel lift. Great start so far!

Great minds think alike. i just acquired 2 parts manuals for the 1970 Ottawa Commando 30. I'll try it one of these days. In the meantime, I'll keep watching this one come together. It looks good so far, great idea, great thread!

3 minutes ago, Repstock said:

Great minds think alike. i just acquired 2 parts manuals for the 1970 Ottawa Commando 30. I'll try it one of these days. In the meantime, I'll keep watching this one come together. It looks good so far, great idea, great thread!

That's probably close to the model that I want to build. The company that my dad worked for in the late 70's and early 80's had one. It was powered by a gas v-8 (Ford I think), and had dual thrush mufflers on it. I hope to build a replica of that one.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, hct728(Bob) said:

Yes, Charles does nice work, but I'm Bob, I hope you meant me, not that we're both in the same league, LOL!

pic180656.jpg

Hey, Bob: You need some license plates for that rig.  HCT-728 would be good, eh?

Looking real good. Whit some extra time I could probably draw it and CNC mill the parts, but.... so many other things to do ;-)

Finally figured how to attach the rear sliding door. Just mocked up here, the rear wall won't be glued in until I finish the interior, which is on a platform that just slides in from the back. The camera reveals all, doesn't it, LOL

IMG_1710a.jpg

IMG_1712a.jpg

Nothing wrong with that sliding door ! Looks good from here .

Be Well

Gator