Model Cars Magazine Forum

You may know me by another name?

Hi everyone.

My name is Tony and I live in Belleville, Ontario, Canada.

For some time I have been the site administrator of another forum site known as automotion.  That site was recently taken over by a new owner and there has been a total loss of pictures from member's past posts.  This was a devastating blow to all of us, so I decided to abandon that site and to rejoin Model Car Forum of which I had previously been a member under a different name.

As I continue my hobby on this site, some of you may recognize some of my past builds.  I build mostly stock, vintage and antique vehicles, in both 1/32, and 1/25 scale.  Occasionally I branch off into something entirely different, such as diaramas and some military modelling, but essentially I'm a "car guy".

I hope that some of the members from automotion will join me here and bring examples of their past, present and future builds to this forum.

Here's an example of one of my previous builds.  A 1/32 scale 1914 Stutz Bearcat built from an old 1950's Revell "Highway Pioneers" kit with upgrades for more reality.

stutz_bearcat_almost_done.thumb.jpg.1457

Wow. Never heard of the Automotion forum, utterly tragic on the deep-sixing of the photos. I tried various ways to see if the forum could be dug out of the Internet Archive, but no luck. I've learned elsewhere that stuff on the internet never exactly disappears, it just sometimes becomes exponentially harder to find in some cases. Perhaps guys with much more expertise might know of ways to dredge up the photos.

Welcome to this forum, though!

Wow. Never heard of the Automotion forum, utterly tragic on the deep-sixing of the photos. I tried various ways to see if the forum could be dug out of the Internet Archive, but no luck. I've learned elsewhere that stuff on the internet never exactly disappears, it just sometimes becomes exponentially harder to find in some cases. Perhaps guys with much more expertise might know of ways to dredge up the photos.

Welcome to this forum, though!

I'm not surprised you can't find it Russell.  I just found out it's disappeared of the web!  The new forum owners (TapaTalk) that took over all the "myfast forum.org" sites appear to have decided to dump it.  Years of member's input just gone!  It hurts.......

Tony 

Oh, I see what you mean.  My old name was "gtmust" but I think I'll leave my old name in the history books and start out afresh as "retriever".  If anyone wants to check out my past (!) it can be found in that old name.  (Hope I didn't do anything bad. haha!)

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Readers of my opening introduction remarks will know that I returned to MCM after the forum that I am site administrator for was taken over by a new host and we were experiencing a lot of problems with it.  I became so frustrated with missing pictures from member's past post and even a temporary shutdown of the site, that we lost a number of member's who were just as frustrated as I was. 

It appears now that whatever teething problems existed with the new host, they appear to have been resolved and the site is now operating properly.  

The site to which I refer http://automotion.myfastforum.org is mostly, (although not limited to) models of vintage, antique and classic vehicles and although we do include some customs, hot rods and newer vehicles that is not the main focus of the site.  We also have sections for dioramas, diecasts and "member's other interests" etc.  I use the name "mustangman" on the site (not to be confused with the "mustangman" on MCM).

MCM is a excellent forum which has given me hours of interest over the years and I expect you feel the same.  But my commitment to the members of automotion's forum must take precedence over my involvement in MCM.  To this end, I will be returning to automotion and will have less time to commit as a participant in MCM.  It is unfortunate that the problems we experienced have recently reduced our member's input and we need to build that back up. I will still check in to MCM from time to time and even post some pictures of my finished models. 

If you are interested in antique, classic, vintage and special interested vehicles I invite you all to take a look at http://automotion.myfastforum.org 

Thanks for your interest and happy modelling.

Tony