Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME CURRENT ROUND 2 INFO TODAY...

AC Norton

3 hours ago, 57peppershaker said:

The snapper is a pretty good kit. I think a move to TT2 wheels ect (looking at boxart, which is quite appealing) could be a good move. I have the GL snap issue and would buy more as snappers work for me at the mo.

It might be possible the new Torq Thrust II wheels are included in the SnapFit kit, and the box art is accurate. I don't know if both GL kits include the same tires and wheel mounting points, but if so,  I see no reason they couldn't be included, as they are molded separately from the rest of the chrome plated parts.

Yes, the new snap Charger comes with ‘71 style grille inserts. 

By my count, there are about 450,000 MPC and AMT 1969 Charger kits that need correct grille inserts and hoods (the hood in the glue kit is a ‘70 Charger piece, and has been since the original Dukes days, the snap kit at least shows a better, more “69-ish” hood)... 

...hey, maybe Round 2 could tool up correct 1969 grille inserts and hoods, and offer them as a parts pack! ;) 

38 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

Yes, the new snap Charger comes with ‘71 style grille inserts. 

By my count, there are about 450,000 MPC and AMT 1969 Charger kits that need correct grille inserts and hoods (the hood in the glue kit is a ‘70 Charger piece, and has been since the original Dukes days, the snap kit at least shows a better, more “69-ish” hood)... 

...hey, maybe Round 2 could tool up correct 1969 grille inserts and hoods, and offer them as a parts pack! ;) 

They ran over 1 million Dukes kits....were they all wrong too??? I do not know that era Chargers to well. 

15 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

They ran over 1 million Dukes kits....were they all wrong too??? I do not know that era Chargers to well. 

Yikes! Yes, they had the wrong grille inserts, hoods, and the first version of that kit was more “Stock Car” than street car. Probably up to 1,350,000 sets now!!!

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Finally, the wait is almost over! :lol: :rolleyes:

This kit is a good source for a Chrysler 3.5L V6 engine if needed, so there's that. :unsure:

amtpp.thumb.jpg.d0328599d675ccc6446f94d0d59055ff.jpg

You here that?  That's the bottom of the barrel getting scraped...

C'mon Round 2: You mean to tell me that there's more demand for this than the 1959 Imperial or the 1964 Comet?

Or even reissue one of the '90s Chevy C1500 or Ford F-150 kits before this, at least there's some interest in those.  You guys still have all sorts of stuff that would sell better than this...

23 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

You here that?  That's the bottom of the barrel getting scraped...

I can see this particular kit having some appeal with the "my first glue-together model I built with _______" consumer, due to it's hot rod/show rod-ish makeup, so I can understand why Round2 might've given it the green light. It's likely already near the mold facility, too, so minimal investment would be required. We do sometimes hear/read complaints that younger builders aren't being catered to, too, so, I don't mind one out of every six kits not being uber-retro and aimed solely at the 55+ crowd.

• 3 weeks later...