Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME CURRENT ROUND 2 INFO TODAY...

AC Norton

I'm impressed with the line-up of kits for this month. The El Camino is one I'd like to get as well as the '40 Sedan. I've never owned a kit of the TIGER SHARK so that'll probably be coming home soon as well...in fact the SCOUT and the Wild Wheels will be on that list too !

Edited by Pete L.

2 hours ago, Pete L. said:

I'm impressed with the line-up of kits for this month.

As James mentioned not too long ago, last month was thin on model kits, and this month is flush with them. Nice to see them leading the video this time, too.

4 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

is that El Camino a 1964 or 65 ?

Has to be '65. The '64 hasn't been seen since 1964, when the molds were altered to make the '65, which has been reissued many many times since.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

As James mentioned not too long ago, last month was thin on model kits, and this month is flush with them. Nice to see them leading the video this time, too.

With the AutoCar and Coke Trailer that were shown last month, they've got 8 kits coming out for July.

Well here we go again with some must haves. The afore mentioned El Camino is a '65 year model. Way back when this was first released with the '65 Chevelle wagon and almost everything will interchange between them. The '39/'40 Ford is also a great kit. The kit can be built as a '39 Deluxe or '40 Standard as well as a '40 Deluxe. Two different hood and grill combinations along with two different headlights. I'll mine one of the Tiger Sharks for parts. I like the Wheels with the old Firestone "Hot Rocks" as they used to be known.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall if these were mentioned or not, but my guess is they are related to the Aurora Racing Scenes mechanic and tools set Round displayed at one of the trade shows early this year. Maybe that particular box was just for show, and the contents are either parts from an older mold insert, now packaged as new Parts Pack offering? Mike W, can you offer any info on this?

AMT PP15 -  1/25 Garage Accessory Set #1

AMT PP16  - 1/25 Garage Accessory Set #2

And there's this, too, for the kiddies/beginners:

amt1083plymouthprowlersnap.jpg.94ba6a44ab833c90c4a66fc91131a0a3.jpg

On 5/16/2018 at 10:07 AM, sfhess said:

Tim Boyd Posted this message from John Grezcula on the SH board:

Message from John Greczula at Round 2 regarding AMT '28A Tudor tool

All: This morning, John G. asked me to post this message from him on his behalf...

"Gentlemen,

After receiving multiple direct emails and learning of this thread, I feel the need to quell some of the lather that seems to be foaming over the edge of the glass of conjecture: Make no mistake. The '28 Ford project has been on the radar, in the hopper, etc. for quite a while now. A certain veteran AMT Kat and I discussed it at length, years ago already. The tool exists but is far from usable in its present state. As you all know, the majority of it was repurposed for the '29 kit. There is VERY little left in the tool and the gaping holes left by the removed inserts would need to be filled with new blocks containing sprue lines designed to flow plastic to what IS there. This is not a trivial or inexpensive process. However, it is something that I want to see happen as much as the rest of you.

As for just including the parts with a reissue of the '29 pickup/woody, well, I'd rather do it right. Some parts no longer match with the '28 parts. Further, if we were to spend the money to resurrect this kit, we'd need every sale possible. A large portion of the mass market clientele would not want to have to "figure it all out" for themselves. You guys? Sure, you could do it with your eyes closed. But to make the investment worthwhile, it'd have to be a little more accessible to modelers of lesser skill.

Rest assured, it's at the top of the list of kits to try and bring back. I make no promises, as there's always some unexpected problem that gets in the path of making headway on some of these cool projects, but we do listen, we do care, and we do what we can to keep the entire available market at least a little bit happy.

Thanks for your interest and support.

John"

TB

I would buy a few! What say you guys?

To make this happen, we need to let John at Round 2 know we'd seriously buy them! This company is listening to us, let's not waste the opportunity. 

This was an awesome kit and we have never seen it reissued. With Round 2 looking at fixing it - it's now or never guys!

Edited by Oldcarfan27

15 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I would buy a few! What say you guys?

To make this happen, we need to let John at Round 2 know we'd seriously buy them! This company is listening to us, let's not waste the opportunity. 

This was an awesome kit and we have never seen it reissued. With Round 2 looking at fixing it - it's now or never guys!

Not my cup of tea.

I for one, am happy to see the Off road Super scout II getting reissued! That kit hasn't been around since the late 1970's early 80's , And IIRC this is the first time it's ever been reissued. Now if round 2 can bring back the (S-Series) F-2575/2674 kit's back on the market.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, Casey said:

I don't recall if these were mentioned or not, but my guess is they are related to the Aurora Racing Scenes mechanic and tools set Round displayed at one of the trade shows early this year. Maybe that particular box was just for show, and the contents are either parts from an older mold insert, now packaged as new Parts Pack offering? Mike W, can you offer any info on this?

AMT PP15 -  1/25 Garage Accessory Set #1

AMT PP16  - 1/25 Garage Accessory Set #2

I'm curious about these too, always being on the lookout for new accessories.  All the old Aurora Racing Scenes were 1/16 scale, AFAIK.  I thought R2 might have picked up some of the Fujimi, Italeri or Tamiya accessory sets, but those are all 1/24 scale.  Interesting. They're mentioned at the Stevens website, but no pix yet.

25 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

I'm curious about these too, always being on the lookout for new accessories.  All the old Aurora Racing Scenes were 1/16 scale, AFAIK.  I thought R2 might have picked up some of the Fujimi, Italeri or Tamiya accessory sets, but those are all 1/24 scale.  Interesting. They're mentioned at the Stevens website, but no pix yet.

Here's an image of what appears to be a slightly altered Aurora Racing Scene mechanic and tools set box from Wonderfest in June, which Round2 shared on their facebook page:

34604320_10160428929085402_3625417328033

Earlier image, also from Round2's fb page:

28058911_10159969645790402_7131872434228

Original 1/16 Aurora box for comparison:

Aurora-Racing-Scenes-1-16-Racing-Mechani

Maybe Tom West had something to do with this before he passed away last year? Not sure is he did the drawings for the figures, tools, etc like he did for the other Racing Scenes F/C parts, though, much less how that works with the rights to the Aurora products.

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Same here. I'd rather see the time and money go toward reissuing the AMT Subaru B.R.A.T.

Hell's Yeah! Now you're talking!

I tried buying one of those a while ago and lost out on it. I'd buy TWO of those, at least!

On 7/13/2018 at 3:49 PM, Casey said:

And there's this, too, for the kiddies/beginners:

amt1083plymouthprowlersnap.jpg.94ba6a44ab833c90c4a66fc91131a0a3.jpg

I missed this the first time around. I've now done a few things in the same general vein and would get one--but ONLY if it's molded in color (preferably a metallic/pearl) to match the other stuff in my collection. 

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Here's an image of what appears to be a slightly altered Aurora Racing Scene mechanic and tools set box from Wonderfest in June, which Round2 shared on their facebook page:

34604320_10160428929085402_3625417328033

Earlier image, also from Round2's fb page:

28058911_10159969645790402_7131872434228

Original 1/16 Aurora box for comparison:

Aurora-Racing-Scenes-1-16-Racing-Mechani

Maybe Tom West had something to do with this before he passed away last year? Not sure is he did the drawings for the figures, tools, etc like he did for the other Racing Scenes F/C parts, though, much less how that works with the rights to the Aurora products.

Do you think they found Auroras tooling? (Drool, gasp, pant!):wub:

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Same here. I'd rather see the time and money go toward reissuing the AMT Subaru B.R.A.T.

Ditto! I had so much fun building an STi-style BRAT tuner, I really wanted to build a more stock-like BRAT, but they're not exactly easy to find. This one had been in my stash for a couple decades when I built it over a decade ago:

2v2vRTp4rxvKa6.jpg

2v2vRTpB5xvKa6.jpg

2veRZApdxvKa6.jpg

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Do you think they found Auroras tooling? (Drool, gasp, pant!):wub:

No. In my opinion, all of the 1/16 Aurora Racing Scenes molds either never made it to Illinois in the first place or they were scrapped in the 1980 Monogram tooling inventory purge.

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

If the mechanic and tools, etc are new tooling hopefully they are in 1/25th to go w/ Round 2 kits, rather than 1/16th.

I think that's exactly what we'll see.

As for the BRAT, let's keep our fingers crossed: