Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME CURRENT ROUND 2 INFO TODAY...

AC Norton

Girlfriend collects Coke stuff so I have bought all the Coke kits so far and built all but the 57 Chevy. Its started but not finished yet. Still have the 23 T and Peterbilt to build and will get the trailer for the Pete. Will probably get the Cameo because it has the Coke machine and dolly which are nicely done. It's just gotten to the point where AMT is just throwing in a set of Coke decals to sell kits. Unless something comes out she really likes the Coke kits will stop or I will go broke.

SAM_0408 (1).JPG

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Or '60 T-bird first?

9 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

Don't forget the Watson Roadster too. Hopefully we'll see all of them reissued, work great for slot car builds.

Both would be sales flops, IMHO. The '32 Ford 3-Window...maybe.

Edited by Casey

The 1/32 '40 Ford sedan should have some crossover appeal to military builders.  There's still a serious lack of American WWII staff car and civilian kits.  ICM has done just about every possible German WWII staff car, plus Joe Stalin's Packard, in 1/35 scale.  But no Fords, Plymouths etc.  The AMT All-Stars kit is a 2-dr. where most staff cars were 4-dr.  But it's still good conversion fodder for...something.

Like this '38 or '39 Ford sedan, converted to a truck. Photographed in Indonesia, 1946:

ford_indo.jpg

16 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

I hope they sell the figures separately, otherwise all I see is big rig stuff in my future

I don't believe Round2 has ever sold figures separately. The whole point for the figures is to sell the kit.
But then again, never say never, right?

Edited by Jon Cole

Finally. The 1/32 scale '63 Sting Ray I've been waiting for over the last few months. I hope it sells well enough so we can see the rest of the other 1/32 All-Star series kits that still need to be reissued. For me, the '60 Thunderbird is very high on my want list. Followed by the '32 and '40 Fords. The Watson roadster is not terribly high on my list. But if they bring it back, and I hope they do, I'll buy one. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Bob Ellis said:

The original Polyglass Gasser was the annual Bonneville. It seems like they will do the same as the Derby El Camino, put an ErtL '62 Pontiac Catalina in a reproduction Polygass Gasser box.

THAT is EXACTLY what they're doing.

A few more newly listed reissues:

AMT 1141 - 1/25 1940 Ford Coupe

AMT 1142 - 1/25 1972 Chevy Nova SS "Old Pro"

AMT 1143 - 1/25 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 

I would bet on full retro box art for the Old Pro Nova, and fauxback '70 style box (ala '70 Monte Carlo and '70.5 Camaro) art for the '70 Chevelle.

Edited by Casey

2 hours ago, Casey said:

A few more newly listed reissues:

AMT 1141 - 1/25 1940 Ford Coupe

AMT 1142 - 1/25 1972 Chevy Nova SS "Old Pro"

AMT 1143 - 1/25 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 

I would bet on full retro box art for the Old Pro Nova, and fauxback '70 style box (ala '70 Monte Carlo and '70.5 Camaro) art for the '70 Chevelle.

Interesting to see the '40 Ford back so soon..they RD'ed it a few years ago...I wonder if this reissue will have different retro box art, since there are many to choose from...