Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME CURRENT ROUND 2 INFO TODAY...

AC Norton

Even if it looks a little toylike in the pictures I'm going to buy that. One can never have to much accesories in the stash. I do have four sets of the Fujimi Garage and one of each of their Tools sets (original and 2 and 3) and they also have some really odd stuff in them that makes no sense (like a coffepot and serving trays) but one day I will find a use for it. Talking of extra parts, the ex-Revell Con-cor Heljan 1:87 Ford C-series truck I'm working on at the moment has a sofa and two livingroom chairs on the sprues. I guess that will come in handy if I ever get to build a H0 scale diorama.

10 hours ago, Atmobil said:

Even if it looks a little toylike in the pictures I'm going to buy that. One can never have to much accesories in the stash. I do have four sets of the Fujimi Garage and one of each of their Tools sets (original and 2 and 3) and they also have some really odd stuff in them that makes no sense (like a coffepot and serving trays) but one day I will find a use for it. Talking of extra parts, the ex-Revell Con-cor Heljan 1:87 Ford C-series truck I'm working on at the moment has a sofa and two livingroom chairs on the sprues. I guess that will come in handy if I ever get to build a H0 scale diorama.

I just checked the instructions for an original Revell 1:87 Global Van Lines truck.  Along with the sofa and 2 chairs, you should also have a refrigerator with separate opening door, a coffee table and a grand piano.  I recently found 3 of those kits at a flea market in original Revell boxes.  All are missing parts, mostly the tires and wheels. On another forum once, somebody mentioned that the piano is often missing from these kits.  Maybe for that HO scale diorama you mentioned.

14 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

I just checked the instructions for an original Revell 1:87 Global Van Lines truck.  Along with the sofa and 2 chairs, you should also have a refrigerator with separate opening door, a coffee table and a grand piano.  I recently found 3 of those kits at a flea market in original Revell boxes.  All are missing parts, mostly the tires and wheels. On another forum once, somebody mentioned that the piano is often missing from these kits.  Maybe for that HO scale diorama you mentioned.

Interesting, I don't have a fridge or coffetable or a piano but my kit is also the auto transporter and since it is the Con-cor reissue may not have had them in the first place. Then again, I have no garantuee that the kit I got is not missing any parts as I got it as an open kit with many parts loose from the parts trees.

I love it when the manufacturers are giving us bonuses in kits. I have collected several kits with either hidden or advertised bonuses. I wish they would do more of that. One of the most modern ones I got is from the Boyd Coddington version of the AMT 62 Corvette. That has a laptop computer in it.

11 hours ago, Atmobil said:

The coffee pot isnt really that odd if you stop and think about it for a moment,  pretty much every garage has a coffee pot.

Edited by martinfan5

37 minutes ago, Chris in Berwyn said:

As long as the price isn’t outrageous I’ll pick a set up.  

My guess, not that you asked for it :lol:, is going by the way Round 2 likes to price their stuff,  you will probably be able to purchase two Fujimi Tool Sets for the price of this tool set kit. 

Ive been known to be wrong at times , so there is that too.:lol:

These AMT Garage kits contain pre-painted parts, correct, while the Fujimi sets are bare plastic, right? I'll let others decide which is preferable, but I can understand why someone would want to pay a few dollars extra for a set which is pretty much ready to use right out of the box. Figure painting isn't the easiest thing, but most of us buy unassembled, unfinished kits because we like the freedom to build and finish them as we like, so it goes both ways.

37 minutes ago, Casey said:

These AMT Garage kits contain pre-painted parts, correct, while the Fujimi sets are bare plastic, right? I'll let others decide which is preferable, but I can understand why someone would want to pay a few dollars extra for a set which is pretty much ready to use right out of the box. Figure painting isn't the easiest thing, but most of us buy unassembled, unfinished kits because we like the freedom to build and finish them as we like, so it goes both ways.

You know you could of just quoted me :lol:,  of course and I agree, but that wasnt what I was personally talking about and to be honest, didnt realize it was pre painted set. I am not above using pre paint stuff just to make my life easier, nothing wrong that and YES, I am one of those persons you are referring too that can figure paint.

What  I was talking about,  that to me, purely from a aesthetic appearance , it looks like toys, something you would use with toy cars and trucks, not plastic model kits.  And that if one cares about the aesthetics , the Fujimi sets would be a much better buy, just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. And this is simply all I was trying to say.

But I understand this will not be a popular or shared opinion since it is not in favor of Round 2.

Carry on.

Edited by martinfan5

7 minutes ago, pack rat said:

Where did you get the idea that these are pre-painted?

From the pictures? I didn't see it stated either way on the box(es), and the parts are all shown finished, so I assumed they come pre-finished. Does it state somewhere on the box that they parts are unfinished? 

AMTPP016M-12-Garage-Accessory-Set-1-side

Edited by Casey

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

From the pictures? I didn't see it stated either way on the box(es), and the parts are all shown finished, so I assumed they come pre-finished. Does it state somewhere on the box that they parts are unfinished? 

Nothing on the box art or in the blog posts says they are pre-finished.  That would be unusual for Round 2 to do something like that...AMT model boxes normally show kits finished or illustrations, you don't see unpainted parts shown on the box..if kits are molded in color, it's usually called out on the box.   Though didn't they have a pre-finished soda machine w/ some of the Coke or Pepsi trucks? (same item?)

Edited by Rob Hall